My turn to add some captions

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

My turn to add some captions

Postby Katty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:04 am

Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

I really love your gothic were universe! Not only did you make lots of captions for it, but they were all well written too.^_^ The font of the text, combined with red on black was a nice touch. I already found the idea of being transformed into a goth girl alluring, but you made made the concept even more appealing with your writing and great choice of pics.^^

The magic wand caption was very cute and had a great sense of absurd comedy.

And that was pretty neat changing the color of the speaker's text to show the mental changes in the swimsuit cap.^^
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Other than a few grammatical mistakes, you did well. I'm uncertain about what I think regarding the gothic were universe itself, but the stories came out well.

The only part you messed up with about nekkid, is referring to me as a guy rather than a girl. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:29 pm

I have had trouble with loading some of these...
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Good work, overall. I like the universe, though I'd like some more background information on it. Where it came from, how, why it does what it does, etc. Also, not to be mean, but it really ought to be spelled "wear," not "were." Sorry, editor done now.... And the Nikkou tribute one was quite cute. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Katty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:23 pm

Terri Violet Tsukino:
Thanks for the support. It is always nice to get a positive in the first reply.

Nikkou:
Sorry bout calling you a guy. I do not know all the genders of the people in MSF. Also sorry about grammer. I am not an english major, so sometimes things get past me. P.S. I give you full power to post these on the web page.

MitchellTF:
Sorry about load issues, but I don't know what to do about them.

Guendolen:
I ment it to be "were". To me, it gives it more of a transformation feel, like were wolf sorta. Ok, I just thought Were would be cooler ^-^. As for background info, maybe in the future. This was just to wet your wistle, so to speak.

Thank you all for your replies. Here are the last three that I had for now.

Anything for a sale

It's not my fault. Really

My spin on the TG Bug

If anyone has any idea to get the photobucket thing to just give the picture, and not the album, please tell me. =^-^=
Last edited by Katty on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Meru » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:34 pm

That last caption is awesome. And pretty funny as well.
"Taking advantage of male pattern baldness is about as low as you can get! I won't allow it!"-Croix from La Pucelle
Meru
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:59 pm

I love the "gothic were" stuff you got going, I can wait to see more. I sujest makeing your text a tad lager or bolding it so it's easyer to read. Great job on all the captions thow!
^.^
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Miyukicl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:53 pm

^_^ Wonderful caption by the way Do you note that penguins also are very gothic?
Miyukicl
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:28 am

I have one problem with the gothic captions you have created. The thing is it is really, really, really hard to read the fancy red text on the black background. It is kind of hard on my eyes and does not really show up well on the computer. I suggest you redo those captions to make them a little more readable. I know you want the theme red and black for gothic, but it does not work well when reading text.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Katty » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:53 am

Meru: Thanks. I had the pic for a while, and the TG bug idea was almost a given to use that one for.

Lucky: I try to remember to make the text larger in the future. After all, this is only my first batch of captions.

Miyukicl: I did not know that. Hmmm. I'll have to use that sometme.

MarioDS01: Really? Well, Lucky had a hard time reading it as well, so I'll try to keep that in mind for future Gothic were captions.

=^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:49 am

Here are some of my thoughts on at least 2 captions you created.

First the PC/Mac caption. I get a really kick out of it that you did a parody of the PC/Mac commercials. Heck even though I would still user the PC I would not mine getting Mac's upgrade.

The second is the TG Bug caption. I think it is interest to think of the TG Bug as being an insect. Even though I hate being around bugs and touching them, I would make a exception to squish one of them so I can transform to a female. Even with the flu I get from the bug, it would still be worth it, just have to make sure not to squish another one if I don't want to become male again.

I would give my thoughts maybe with the goth ones, but hopefully they will be more readable soon.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Katty » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks for the thoughts.

Ok, I was kinda on a role, and made some mid level captions. Not the best, but not the worst I can do either. Reguardless, I do hope you like them.

Some things are just hard to do

Just a simple poem

Ok, you all knew I was going to make one of these sooner or later =^-^=

Something worse then being found out

This one was a pain in the rear to write, but I think it came out ok in the end. Maybe.

There is always a good side and a bad side to everything

More will come. I just don't know when. Also, Guen, sorry about any spelling mistakes you may see. I know you are into that english stuff. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Katty wrote:Thanks for the thoughts.

Ok, I was kinda on a role, and made some mid level captions. Not the best, but not the worst I can do either. Reguardless, I do hope you like them.

Some things are just hard to do

Just a simple poem

Ok, you all knew I was going to make one of these sooner or later =^-^=

Something worse then being found out

This one was a pain in the rear to write, but I think it came out ok in the end. Maybe.

There is always a good side and a bad side to everything

More will come. I just don't know when. Also, Guen, sorry about any spelling mistakes you may see. I know you are into that english stuff. =^-^=

It's Ok that you are not that good of a speller, I am not either actually, I also make mistakes in grammer as well. So don't feel too bad about it, there are others in MSF who do the same thing, so don't feel bad.

My thoughts on these captions...they are ok...not the worse but not the best either as I said. The one I like the best is the last one with the good sides and bad sides of being a boy transformed to a girl. If I were in his/her shoes, I would just try to get use to periods, just one of the things of life for a normal girl.

Sorry the text is not with the images in the captions in the other topic, I was hoping if I got enough notice on them that some other captioner would do that part and place in MSF, but my guess is I'll have to do it...gron...
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:10 pm

A suggestion for spelling problems would be to first type it out in a program with a spell checker, and then just use the corrected version. ^_^

Also... *Gives Katty a tasty sandwich!* ...a thanks for pointing out part of the bad side. It seems all too often lately I've been hearing about how girls just have life SO easy and any problems they have are totally insignificant. So I do appreciate a more accurate view. :3

Keep it up~! You're doin' great. The more creativity we have around here, the better. :D
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Caption Images