Jumping on the captioning bandwagon

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Katty » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Agreement about the text.

That boy had it all wrong. There are other ways to becoming a catgirl then selling you soul to a demon. But I guess it is too late now. I would have just gone for feline injections until my genitic code begins to change. But hey, that is just me. I just hope those evil people wise up soon then. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Awwww... You won't redo the first one? I read the second one because it's easier to make out the small text, but I had to strain too much to just read at a snail's pace for the first one. Maybe I'll nab it and enlarge the image... Or use the magnifying glass that Beyond speaks of.

I kind of scratched my head after reading the second one, but it's not bad. It just didn't know what to think about it. Well, except for the spelling and typoes I came across.

Say, where can I nab the image in the first one? And is it larger? I am interested. :O
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Awwww... You won't redo the first one? I read the second one because it's easier to make out the small text, but I had to strain too much to just read at a snail's pace for the first one. Maybe I'll nab it and enlarge the image... Or use the magnifying glass that Beyond speaks of.

I kind of scratched my head after reading the second one, but it's not bad. It just didn't know what to think about it. Well, except for the spelling and typoes I came across.

Say, where can I nab the image in the first one? And is it larger? I am interested. :O

http://tetetor.gooside.com/transform.htm

Artist for the Catgirl Pic, I recognized the style.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:41 am

Thanks for the advice Capt, I'll give that a shot.^_^

That boy had it all wrong. There are other ways to becoming a catgirl then selling you soul to a demon. But I guess it is too late now. I would have just gone for feline injections until my genitic code begins to change. But hey, that is just me. I just hope those evil people wise up soon then. =^-^=

I thought I'd get your attention if I did a cat girl cap. :wink: Your analysis was very cute, Katty. :D

Awwww... You won't redo the first one? I read the second one because it's easier to make out the small text, but I had to strain too much to just read at a snail's pace for the first one. Maybe I'll nab it and enlarge the image... Or use the magnifying glass that Beyond speaks of.

Don't worry, I'm planning on redoing the text for both captions, hee hee. ^^

Thanks for letting me know about the spelling errors and typos.^_^ Sometimes if a typo is really bad, it can mess up the meaning that the author is trying to get across.^^;;

When I checked back at Advanced Anime, the pic had disapeared, but I still have a larger version of the pic at my photobucket.

Beauty in the sun

I think you might like that caption, whenever you do read it.^^ It has the most detail in it of the ones I've done so far.

The "Don't use my art on other sites without my permission" message on the "Tetetor" artist's site kinda worries me, and I'm not sure what to do.^^;; In the worst case scenario, I guess I could just keep the text of the cat girl cap as a text-only "vignette" rather than a caption.

On the other hand I do appreciate you posting that site, though Mitchell.^_^ I found the image on an image board for furry adult content, and thus had know idea how to find the site where it came from...So I thank you for exposing me to more of that artist's entertaining TF art. :D
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 am

Thanks for the advice Capt, I'll give that a shot.^_^

I recommend it, also. And save the TXT file so you don't have to re-write everything if you want to fix or change something in your caption later. Although I avoid that altogether by making HTML files. ;p It makes captions easier to edit and, other than the image's size, the image isn't altered.

Don't worry, I'm planning on redoing the text for both captions, hee hee. ^^

Yay! Which begs the question: what resolution are you viewing with? The small text should be easier to read for 480x640 and 600x800, but at 768x1024 I can't really read the type of font used for the first caption.

Which is another reason why I prefer HTML: you can leave the text size to appear as the browser's default and, should that not be enough, you can use the browser to manipulate the size to your liking. Well, I don't know if all browsers can, but the default size is usually all that someone needs. I imagine. *Shrugs*

The "Don't use my art on other sites without my permission" message on the "Tetetor" artist's site kinda worries me, and I'm not sure what to do.^^;;

If it matters to you enough, E-mail them. Tell them where you found it (or that you had just found it at another place) and that you had made a caption out of it before you found their site and, subsequently, their condition for the use of said image. And perhaps ask for permission while you're at it; whatever you want to do.

I'm not sure, at this exact moment, if you've ever asked for your captions to be put on MSF, but that one caption I won't add unless I'm sure that the artist gave permission.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Rowan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:18 am

"Thanks for the advice Capt, I'll give that a shot.^_^"

You're welcome!

I agree with you, Empyrean Nikkou, keeping the text in its own file would make it a ton easier for many, many reasons.
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Beyond » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:28 pm

I think photobucket resizes very large images.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kisai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:01 am

Holy crap.

You win just for having an Ask A Ninja reference.
Kisai
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Lucky » Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 pm

I like the farming one, the most of the rect batch. Very nicely done. Hope you keep up the good work.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Wed May 02, 2007 11:53 pm

Hee hee, yeah, I think Ask a ninja's pretty cool, to Kisai. :D

Yay! Which begs the question: what resolution are you viewing with? The small text should be easier to read for 480x640 and 600x800, but at 768x1024 I can't really read the type of font used for the first caption.

1280 by 1024. So it's hard for me to read too.^^;;

If it matters to you enough, E-mail them. Tell them where you found it (or that you had just found it at another place) and that you had made a caption out of it before you found their site and, subsequently, their condition for the use of said image. And perhaps ask for permission while you're at it; whatever you want to do.

I'm not sure, at this exact moment, if you've ever asked for your captions to be put on MSF, but that one caption I won't add unless I'm sure that the artist gave permission.

Ah, I see. I'll try to get a permission email from the artist. If for some reason you find that you have too many doubts about the authenticity of the permission email and I have no way of proving it's real, I'll be sure to be understanding and not yell at you. But at any rate, I'll try to politely ask the artist about their conditions.

I hit more pitfalls than I expected with the last batch of captions, but I expect it will be worth it in the long run.

By the way Nikkou, thanks for commenting on the story content of the catgirl caption...it may have been confusing, but I'm glad I made you think.^^

I like the farming one, the most of the rect batch. Very nicely done. Hope you keep up the good work.

Thank you Lucky, that means a lot coming from you. :D I was very proud of that one, and I'm glad you liked it.^^
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu May 03, 2007 2:00 am

I never made a comment for the catgirl one. XD It was the farming one that I read. ;p While I understood it, I just didn't get it. I feel sorry for those farmers.

Now, where's more? We're hungry. :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu May 03, 2007 4:12 am

Interesting concepts, good story flow. I find that my favorite captions are the ones that read more like a story than a one-liner. I hope you continue on your captioning journey.

Gotta caption 'em all! Captionmon!
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Mon May 28, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for the encouragement muffinstud.^^

Oh, and I appreciate your feedback too, Nikkou/Nympho.^^ Even though the mental changes in the farming cap were mostly a good thing in my mind, it's still understandable that you'd disagree. I'm touched by your compassion.^_^

I probably should have responded back to this topic much earlier.^^;; I plan to redo the previous two captions(It helps that Jeanette told me that Imageshack doesn't compress pictures like Photobucket does. :wink: ), and I've got some more images lined up on my Photobucket(Though this time the actual caps made from them won't go on Photobucket, I learned my lesson, heh heh.^^). And I still wanna try and see if I can contact the creator of that catgirl pic so I can potentially put the cap up on MSF, but I don't think it will be so bad if he says no.^_^ I'd prefer to move on from failures to attempt greater success, heh heh. :D
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon May 28, 2007 9:10 pm

Well, I prefer to choose my passions rather than be forced by someone/thing else and serve them. I choose who I want to serve, if anyone, and how much pain and gratification I'm willing to accept. I treasure too much my free will and ability to change myself. It's not that your caption is bad; I'm merely pointing out why I have the opinion that I do, and opinions only have as much significance as you're willing to give them. ;p

Say, do you want your captions on the site? I don't know if you had said anything or not, but I thought I'd ask since I didn't see you on my auto-add list or anything.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Thu May 31, 2007 1:17 am

Nympholiciousness wrote:Well, I prefer to choose my passions rather than be forced by someone/thing else and serve them. I choose who I want to serve, if anyone, and how much pain and gratification I'm willing to accept. I treasure too much my free will and ability to change myself. It's not that your caption is bad; I'm merely pointing out why I have the opinion that I do, and opinions only have as much significance as you're willing to give them. ;p

You did a pretty good job of explaining how much choice is important to you.^_^ I have a part of me that's like that too, though as you can see it's not as strong as yours. But I really do appreciate you taking the time to communicate your opinions and feelings with me.^_^

Say, do you want your captions on the site? I don't know if you had said anything or not, but I thought I'd ask since I didn't see you on my auto-add list or anything.

Sure! Naturally I still need to check about permission for that cat girl one, and fix the text size issues on the previous two I did, but I'd certainly be happy to have some of my captions on the site, thanks for asking.^^
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images