Jumping on the captioning bandwagon

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Jumping on the captioning bandwagon

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:27 pm

Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Well done!
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Stellar » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Enjoyable =)
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re:Jumping on the caption bandwagon

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:06 pm

Thank you so much! :D I'm glad my first shot at this was well-recieved.^^ I hope to whip some more soon.
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Katty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:09 pm

It seems that you are off to a nice start. Don't want to wait for more, but I will if i have to. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 pm

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Oops, that was me, forgot to log in.^^;;
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:56 pm

I think your captions are solid. The ideas behind two out of three of them aren't of personal interest to me, but that's no fault of yours.

The one about the forest is nice, though with some tweaking the rhyming could be more smooth. But it's mostly the last verse that I find the most off-balance.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Not so fond of the ninja one. Well written, but it's an idea I don't like personally...TF Rape is bad.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:53 pm

The little poemlet one was cute. :) And I gotta concur, the harem notion was on the creepy side. Granted, if that's what you were going for, you succeeded. Not everything is sunshine and light, after all. It's still creepy, though.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Katty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 pm

Yeah. The poem might have flown a bit better, but I just can't put my finger on why. As for the ninja one, I too am not a big fan of that TG idea. But hey, If that is what you wanted, then good job on it. It was a well writen caption. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:12 pm

I enjoyed your two newest captions.
=)

Chibi MitchellTF wrote:Not so fond of the ninja one. Well written, but it's an idea I don't like personally...TF Rape is bad.

I think of it more along the lines of thows old "love potion" stories. It just so happens the love potion turns man into a women who's madly in love.

=U
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Lucky wrote:I enjoyed your two newest captions.
=)

Chibi MitchellTF wrote:Not so fond of the ninja one. Well written, but it's an idea I don't like personally...TF Rape is bad.

I think of it more along the lines of thows old "love potion" stories. It just so happens the love potion turns man into a women who's madly in love.

=U

Did I mention I'm not too fond of Love Potions either?
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Chibi MitchellTF wrote:
Lucky wrote:I enjoyed your two newest captions.
=)

=U

Did I mention I'm not too fond of Love Potions either?

To each there own.
=)
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Terri Violet Tsukino » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:35 pm

To Nikkou: I've long been impressed with the quality of your captions, so if you say my captions are solid, I must be doing something right.^^

I'm guessing that when you meant that two of them didn't interest you, you meant the mental control aspect...unless I'm somehow way off.XD But that's okay, people have different preferences.^^

To Guendolen: I'm glad you thought the poemlet was cute. :D Kinda wierd in a way how that pair of captions turned out, one short and cute, one long and creepy.^^;; It's okay, it's understandable that you'd find that one creepy.^_^ I'll explain more of my intentions behind it in a bit.

To Lucky: Glad I made you happy.^^ I almost get the impression that you wouldn't mind a sip of love potion, lol. :wink:

Thanks for all the feed back, both the praise and criticism, guys.^^ It helped a lot.^_^

To tell the truth, I basically winged the poemlet. :wink: Just wrote it down with a vague idea of what sounded "poemy." I'm glad it turned out as well as it did, but it probably would sound better with some tweaking of the syllables, mainly the last one, as Nikkou said.^^

In regards to the ninja one...I was going for "playfully dark" rather than "despairingly dark..." though I may not have entirely succeded in that.^^;; I think that maybe I should have made it more clear that the transformee was happy in the end, and developed the person who transformed her in such a way that he had some sort of redeeming quality. But then again, it may not have made much difference, as one could argue that just because someone is happy after being mind altered, it doesn't mean it's not scary that they've been mind altered in the first place.^^;; And that's a perfectly understandable view.^^ I think the next time I try a mental alteration cap, I'll try to make it more focused on cuteness than sexuality, and try to make both the victim and the culprit more sympathetic, in an experiment to see if I can entertain a wider range of people, and develop my writing style.
Terri Violet Tsukino
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Next

Return to Caption Images