Dice?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Dice?

Postby Duck » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:09 am

You gotta set of dice you use more than others cause they roll better?

I used to, but old roommates have taken them. They were cool, purple with red numbers. They seemed to roll nice for me. They musta liked me.
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 am

My dice are somewhat volatile. I do have ones that seem to roll better than others for me, but even those sometimes reject me. I guess I just get undependable ones.... Sorry your roomies stole your faithful dice. Those are truly rare finds.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Temet nosce » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:53 am

While I'm familiar with the idea it's not something I've ever done. Although I do have a nice set of hand carved dice that I rather like.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Knowledge is power.
Temet nosce
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Impossible to know with a 100% truth value, however assuming certain things to be true...Oregon

Postby Alyta » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:09 am

It's a common gamer mythic belief, and I'm as bad as many others. I know it's not true but I still feel like I get better rolls with some dice than others. For example, there's a particular sharp-edged black d20 that loves to roll high when I'm GMing and it will be bad for the players. It's my precious... ^_^
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Empusa Sesshi » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:23 am

Mmm, I too have a lucky d20. A purple die with lovely red numbering. She loathes the PCs almost as much as I do...
Yeah so I'm a busty empusa...so what, keep pushin and you're gonna have a pair of bra busters too!

"His voice....fills me with a.....TERRIBLE rage." -Gaz
Empusa Sesshi
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Who knows?! Probly somewhere she's not s'posed ta be though...

Postby Kyrex » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 am

My entire tabletopping group of friends have a sort of dice superstition. Our DM/ST only rolls with identical sets of dice and they've proven to be overly vicious at times.

It's hard to say if the whole set color helps, but I've definitely been getting the urge to push aside the set I have no in favor of a new set that sticks to only 1 or 2 colors.
Kyrex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Teddy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:20 pm

I 'inherited' a die from my dad called 'Old Faithful'. Rolls average most of the time, but when the chips are down... Samurai with 20 crits in ONE combat. Yeah. It's my favorite.

And I guess I like red dice the best. With black numbers.
Ohahaha. Oh, Xia.
I think if I ever met the Troubled Hubble lead singer, I would look into his eyes, then lean in and kiss him passionately. Several times. -Karubidiumeleaux`
Teddy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Helel » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:42 pm

My brother has the tendency to always select a set of dice that are green with bluish spots and red numbers which I have seen him consistently rolls 10s on repeatedly for low and high level rolls in Exalted. It makes me sick, and I do my best to break up those seven die. XD
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Rowan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:32 am

I can't say that I have lucky dice. I discovered after some use that my new green D6's had multiple 3's on them hehe. Usually I just look at my mountain of dice and try and divine which are going to be lucky for me. It usually fails horribly though :lol: .
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Queen Octavia » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

My d12 is invincible, always rolls 10+. Too bad I never use it. I once tried to get a DM to let me use it as a d6 (1/2 = 1, 3/4 = 2 etc), but he wouldn't because it was just too good. Seriously, the thing manages to beat my d20 in a roll off about half the time.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)