Cute Girl/Bishification Manga and Anime Discussion

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Cute Girl/Bishification Manga and Anime Discussion

Postby Cutey Kerina » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:36 am

(EDIT - Not meant to be an open and shut info page but a discussion topic about what people have seen, what their impressions are, so I can inform myself and we can inform each other about interesting examples of this sort)

Ok this is mostly just me asking to see what manga with this kind of idea people have seen and how they feel about it.

I'm not sure of the ratings of all the manga and anime but I want to shoot for PG-13ish at most.

I mean manga or anime where a boy is either dressed up girl and made girly, dressed cutely. Or is made completely female and cute (case in point Kashimashi).

ALSO, for those girls crossdressed into boys or bishis.

For cute girl and what I mean...look at my avatar of the Mahoraba character (need to add him too...later). Also Kashimashi's style is cute too. Just transformations that make you think "KAWAIIII!"

I'm curious about what will turn up. Here's a few I know off-hand...
(just scant details and mostly what I've heard so feel free to correct me)

Kashimashi - a boy is crushed by alien spaceship and they reconstruct him as a girl. Adaptation and conflicted love results. (Anime and Manga).

Ranma 1/2 - cold/hot water...etc. In retrospect it wasn't that great but it was my first anime. (Anime/Manga).

Pretty Face - Guy gets pretty face after accident, it is thought he is the long lost sister of the girl he likes. (Manga).

Wish I Had Her Problem - Girl dresses up to sneak into all-boys school. (Manga)

We are Mint - Noeru has a close connection to his twin sister, Maria. When Noeru learns Maria's gone to a boarding school to be near her first love, he goes after her to stop it. The only problem is that the school has only one bed left, for a girl student. Disguised as a girl, Noeru attempts to bring his sister home. In the process, love is found, lost, and found again for both of them (manga).

Kill Me, Kiss Me - Tae and Jung-Woo are two cousins that look exactly alike, except that Tae is a girl and Jung-Woo is a boy. When Jung-Woo mentions in passing that the hottest boy model, Kun Kang, is a student in his class, Tae immeadiately bribes Jung-Woo into switching places. When Tae, dressed as a boy, arrives at school, she finds she has to go through Ga-Woon to get to Kun. That's pretty tough since Ga-Woon beats her up on the first day. While Tae is ruining Jung-Woo's social life, Jung-Woo seems to be having way to much fun dressed as a girl. (manga)

Global Garden - forum poster - (possible spoiler, dunno) - "Ruika starts out looking (physically, flat chest and all) and thinking she's a guy when eventually we discover she's actually a girl and changes physically to suit said gender."

Princess Prince - A king in mourning of the loss of his precious wife is warned by a fairy to raise one of his twin sons as a girl and the other as a boy in order to protect his kingdom's secret. Now as they reach adulthood, they find the very secret that they were raised to keep and must protect it from the evil that seeks to abuse it.

Les Bijoux - don't know much about it but the main character supposedly has a male and female form or something.

tenshi na konamaiki - Cheeky Angel you know, girly girl by a wish (or is she). Either way there's some neat themes in the show.

Feel free to add ones you know. I want to know what you think about them NOT a generic listing
Last edited by Cutey Kerina on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:28 pm

honestly .....

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/tmap/index.htm

has most of them, i would post alot of them agian but considering i'm one of those that actively help increase that sites database of series it feels like i'm doing repetative work by doing so.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Cutey Kerina » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:50 pm

Hmm. It is an extensive list, although vague on some titles. And I'm not sure about the rating on them. Mostly I don't care about what sites say. I want to know what people personally say about things they find. I wish I could say I've read more of the ones I noted because they sound cool. Steel Angel Kurumi volume 1 has a kinda cute gender-changing moment. But I really hold Kashimashi up to a standard of involvement of the reader and development of the change that few have met. Mahoraba actually comes strikingly close for one where it's just dressup to an involving and emotional change. In the manga, the main character faces a real moral choice involving his best friend. Which to me means more than, "oh, such and such got possessed across gender." That's like Ducktales depth zappy. Incidental.

EDIT - I guess my point is I wanted to talk about them and what people's impressions were. Rapport speak, what people think more than report speak, here's the info now go away. I'm sorry if I sounded like I wanted links. I do not. My brain felt fuzzy the night I wrote this.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Cute Girl/Bishification Manga and Anime Discussion

Postby Zilla » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 pm

I liked Kashimashi a lot. I wasn't too fond of the beach episode where Asuta (is that his name again? It's been a long time) was having conflected feelings about Hazumu, since she was now a girl, and he was attracted to her.

It's pretty obvious in Kashimashi that Hazumu wasn't ever really a boy on the inside. They pretty much confirm it when <SPOILERS!!!!!!!!> Yasuna says that she could see him, even though she couldn't see men at all</SPOILERS!!!!!!> I loved Kashimashi because, aside from the MacGuffin of the aliens, it was a pretty down-to-earth story, very much on the emotional line.

Pretty Face was another good series, albeit a bit slapstick at times. I liked that it had real plot development, but wasn't afraid of some episodic content as well. It was pretty preposterous just how much strength Rando/Yuna had :P

I think you mentioned most of the others I've seen or heard about... I guess there's the anime Princess Princess about an all-boys school where special students are selected to fill in as girls to keep the morale of the male students up, but honestly, I didn't really like this show very much. Not a lot happened in the first three or so episodes, so it never really hooked me.

MariaHolic has a character who crossdresses to attend a girl's school, but she/he isn't very likable, even if she is kinda cute. She/He is really mean to the protagonist! Another series I didn't keep watching... >_>
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:41 am

Well, the series Princess Princess

boys being girls for an all boys school...*see the wiki link*, it is cute and tastefully done, as well, but it is only 12 episodes long for the Anime, but the Manga is a bit longer and they did make a Sim type video game for it as well
Last edited by Miku-chan on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zilla » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:52 am

I saw the first three episodes of Princess Princess.... I dunno, it wasn't really for me. I might try it again later, but at least from the first three episodes, it seemed too slow.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Well a few random Manga I know of:

Futaba-kun Change - A series about a boy who changes gender when he's uh... 'excited' His entire family actually has the same ability. It's interesting, but gets rather odd rather fast.

Magical x Miricle - Main female character looks just like the Master wizard who has gone missing. So naturally the closest friends of the wizard get her to fill in for them. It's a rather cute series, but a bit too short.

Untill the Full Moon - About a half werewolf/half vampire guy named Marlo who turns into a girl during the full moon. It's mostly a romance borderline boys love manga. Can't really say I'd recomend it too much. It's an odd one to place. I did rather enjoy it though.

Metamo Kiss - Kohamaru comes from a peculiar family. His parents can switch bodies by kissing! When he meets a girl named Nanao, it's his turn. It's a short cute manga series. The manga does all the classic 'only in a manga' tricks to get the two to 'accedently' kiss and switch. If you can look past that, it's fun enough.

Then there is always Vampire Doll. The manga about an powerfull vampire lord being captured, then resserected years later into the body of a wax doll made to look like a teenage female. It's eh. As a TG manga it kinda blows. But the comedy is pretty

And I'm really tired, so that's all from me for now.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zilla » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 pm

A few new anime have come out since this topic was updated last.

Kampfer is a show about a boy who is selected to compete in a secret, ongoing game of combat. The fighters are called Kampfers, and the fighters are, without exception, female. Many Kampfers' fighting forms are different from their normal forms. Natsuru transforms into a girl when he nears other Kampfers, or when he gets emotionally excited, or scared.... or any kind of real agitation.

The show is a bit ecchi, though it narrowly avoids what I'd call an "R" rating. At times, it's lighthearted and silly.... well, most times, it's lighthearted and silly. And the fact that Natsuru changes gender is a central element to the plot. Overall, I give it a recommendation.

====

Hourou Musuko is a very realistic take on transgender youth. It deals with two middle-school students, a boy and girl, who wish they were the opposite gender. It gets heavy sometimes. I never finished it, myself, but I've heard a lot of praise for it. I found it a bit slow, though.
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)