Iron Man 3 in Theaters May 03, 2013

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Iron Man 3 in Theaters May 03, 2013

Postby AshK » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

I have seen trailers for this Movie. It's kind of dark. Although, it looks like it's going to be a good one. It is part one of the series of movies that will lead up to Avengers 2.
Iron Man 3, Thor 2; both are scheduled to come out in 2013. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is going to come out in 2014. I'm guessing that there will be two more before Avengers 2. They haven't named what movies will come out after the three aforementioned ones. All I know is that there are three more movies for sure before the release of Avengers 2. I am looking forward to Iron Man 3. Is anyone else looking forward to this?
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Re: Iron Man 3 in Theaters May 03, 2013

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Ben Kingsley will be playing the role of The Mandarin, a Half-Chinese warlord who is involved in high-tech weapons smuggling schemes.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Iron Man 3 in Theaters May 03, 2013

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

I went to see this tonight, and it is AMAZING!

Out of the 'Avengers Universe' movies so far, The Avengers is the only one I've truly loved. I don't yet know how Iron Man 3 compares to that one, because it feels like a very different movie. It's definitely darker in tone, and it's not as flashy as Avengers was, although it still has some pretty spectacular visuals.

The dialog is so snappy, and it feels a lot like Shane Black's Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, and it's genuinely funny too. I was surprised at how funny The Avengers was, but that was more visual comedy, this has a lot more great lines. What really let most of the Marvel movies down so far in my opinion was they all had really lame villains, or at least, villains that were used in pretty lame ways. Iron Man 3 doesn't get it perfect, but it's probably the best they've done so far, although I imagine a lot of people will be very split on how they handle the Mandarin character. Ben Kingsley probably gives the best performance in the entire movie however. He is brilliant.

Go see it!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)