Let's Play!

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Let's Play!

Postby Zilla » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am

I figure this will be a good general Let's Play thread, though I want to point out one I was involved in! Me and my friend did one for Oracle of Ages. Well, we're in the process of it, hopefully with weekly updates or so.

I also enjoy Spoony's series on SWAT 4, Deadly Premonition, and Phantasmagoria 2.

I've seen some random other ones, but none that stick out enough to remember...

You guys?
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Let's Play!

Postby Zilla » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 pm

We've put up the next part of this series now. Lemme know what you guys think!
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zilla » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 am

I just finished an amazing Let's Play of Metal Gear Solid 1 by ChipCheezum and VoidBurger. It compares the original with Twin Snakes a lot... and points out just how ridiculous Twin Snakes is. :P

And I really like how they did the Mantis fight. ^_^
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm currently following an amusing (and ongoing with frequent updates) blind LP of Dark Souls
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zilla » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 am

My Youtube Channel has many more videos now from a project I started over Christmas break. The idea was to get me to play my large library of games on Steam. I would play each game, top to bottom, for 30 minutes at least, or until there was a sense of accomplishment, if it was a longer game that took a bit to get going.

I made a decent run at it! I got all the way up to Deus Ex. I'm still doing random things now and then, but, I certainly lost the momentum I had from that break.

If I could make recommendations about my videos, I'd suggest Bioshock, Beyond Good and Evil, and Cogs.

Also, in not-me news, I've been watching Game Grumps do Sonic '06, and it has made me happy. Also of note, I've been watching something called "Super Mario Galaxy VS." How is a single player game a "versus"? Two players race through the game, side by side, and make banter with each other while they play.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of AttackingTucans, and Donnabellez is okay, but the concept is neat. I really enjoyed "Luigi's Mansion Versus" as that was more linear and more fun to watch them race with. That, and I've taken a liking to JoshJepson.

Sorta related to that group of LPers is Lucahjin, who has a fantastic Paper Mario Blind LP, and she's currently doing a Thousand Year Door LP. Also, I highly recommend her Journey LP. Of everyone I've mentioned here, I like her the most.
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Been following several LP'ers in recent years.

First off is Raocow. He primarily plays assorted indie games, fangames and hacks of Super Mario World; and unless he's having a lot of difficulty with a level, he never shuts up. A lot of it is stream-of-consciousness commentary, resulting in rather... bizarre expressions and occasional post-recording editing. The kind of humor that suits me perfectly. :)

Second is Pink Kitty Rose. She's played several Sonic the Hedgehog games and an onslaught of Worms Armageddon matches with her friends, but her primary contributions have been her 'no damage' runs of the classic Megaman series and the first MMX game. She doesn't use spoken commentary, instead editing in subtitles complete with an avatar to express her opinion of what is taking place on-screen.

The most recent one is RoahmMythril. Like Pink, he's done 'no damage' runs of all the bosses in the Classic series (no Wily Tower stages), but takes it a step further and does it all with only the Mega Buster. Other than that he's played a variety of games, including the Silent Hill series (which I have no interest in), Touhou Project: Imperishable Night, and a 100% completion run of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Actually, my brother and I have started a series of Let's Plays. First one is Breath Of Fire II, and can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... VKnh2whqFx

^^
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)