Wreck-It Ralph

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Wreck-It Ralph

Postby Josie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Think of the life of a video game character, especially the one's of the old 8-bit games. The bad guy plays the baddy and the good guy always beats you. ALWAYS. After a number of years, what would happen the baddy just get tired of his lot in life and went out into the video game world to find his own world, where HE could be the hero for once? Well the new Disney film "Wreck-It Ralph" presents us with this idea, as well as tossing in some very familiar faces of gaming, including Q-bert, Zangief and others! Here's the trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g

And here's a little screenshot from the movie. How many cameos can YOU spot? (I know the pic is a little big.)
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Holy cow @__@

I don't know how copyright works really, but would Disney have to pay for each cameo? If so... they better have some amazing animators and writers on this thing to make that money back.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Cece » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm

It depends on the game maker, how old the title is, and if the title has been left to go into the public domain. I know Nintendo let go of several copy rights for several games a couple years ago, and Atari has been licensing other manufacturers to release the older games as well. The licenses are fairly reasonable to get...((Look at how many video games were kept from Flynn's arcade scene from the Tron and Tron Legacy movies))
Cece
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Well in that case, Capcom can expect quite the windfall from this movie then!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Ahhh, Wreck-It Ralph. I'm rather looking forwards to it. :3

Interestingly, from the rumors I've heard various companies actually paid Disney to have their characters appear in the movie. After all, it IS a Disney movie, and thus an excellent opportunity for a bit of self-promotion...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 am

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Ahhh, Wreck-It Ralph. I'm rather looking forwards to it. :3

Interestingly, from the rumors I've heard various companies actually paid Disney to have their characters appear in the movie. After all, it IS a Disney movie, and thus an excellent opportunity for a bit of self-promotion...

Hahahah are you serious?

I do hope kids who watched it don't start trying to compete at EVO. That is just a saddening disaster waiting to happen.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Blaze wrote:Hahahah are you serious?

I do hope kids who watched it don't start trying to compete at EVO. That is just a saddening disaster waiting to happen.

That's the rumor I've heard, at least. I believe the same sort of thing might've happened with Roger Rabbit, as well -- once people found out they were making a big cross-over movie of characters, everyone wanted on the bandwagon :P
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm

The trailer looks cool, and the main rival of Wreck-It Ralph is Fix-It, Jr. He and Ralph appear in a video game called Fix-It, Jr. where players control the main character to fix whatever Ralph breaks.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:43 pm

If you haven't seen it, I recommend going to see it. I went to see it a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. It was really cool.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, M. Bison, Q-Bert, Zangrief, Chun Li, Akuma, Wrong Way and Err (from Q-Bert), Clyde (the ghost from Pac-Man), Bowser (King Koopa from Mario), and the zombie from Altered Beast make cameos in the film.

Sara Silverman is the voice of the main character in the Racing Game that Ralph ends up in after he checks out a Halo-style shooting game and meets Captain Calhoun (voiced by the gym coach from Glee).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)