The Avengers

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

The Avengers

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Anyone else planning to go see this?

I was hoping to go this evening, but I was kind of exhausted after work so will try and make it on the weekend instead. I've not really read any reviews, but I have glanced at some review scores/closing comments and it seems pretty positive. More than I was expecting actually, as I've found the Marvel made movies (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America) to be good, but not great. They seem a bit generic and shallow, which is maybe a dumb complaint for a comic book movie, but I thought Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 had far more depth of character and emotion to them, and The Dark Knight was just outstanding, so it can be done.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: The Avengers

Postby Marky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm planning to go and see this as soon as I get back home and probably have some time to go see it with my parents, who will want to see it, as well. Been looking forward to it for a little while, and hoping it doesn't disappoint. Glad to hear of the positive reviews, though.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:23 am

I will be seeing Avengers on May 4 (Next week) when United States residents can watch the film.

NicK Fury, leader of SHIELD has recruited the best Superhero team assembled: Thor, Norse God of Thunder, Tony Stark/Iron Man, Dr. Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and team leader Captain America as part of the Avengers Initiative to face Loki and his evil army. The team's mobile base is the SHIELD Hellcarrier. The Avengers Assemble May 4. Look for a cameo from Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee.

June 26, GI JOE: Retaliation comes to theaters, starring Bruce Willis as General Joesph Colton, Channing Tatum as Duke, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 am

It looks to be a good movie. I can't wait to go see it next week I may go to the midnight showing in our IMAX Theater. Anyway, I've heard different theories on the actual leader of the Avengers Team. Some say it's Steve Rogers/Captain America, others say it's Tony Stark/Iron Man. The trailers are very cool!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Just back from seeing this, and it's REALLY good.

It still doesn't have some of the emotional depth that some other super hero movies have, but it never pretends it's that sort of movie either. If you liked Iron Man, The incredible Hulk, Thor or Captain America, I'm pretty sure you're going to love this.

They've done a very good job of sharing the screen time out. There isn't really a leader of the team, everyone gets their chance to shine. It's suprisingly funny too, much more than any of the previous movies. There's a ton of action too, and even the fight scenes they keep switching the focus around between all the characters which works so well. The action is on a MUCH bigger scale than the predecessors too, so they definitely made you think none of them could have done this alone.

Also... maybe some of you can help me out with this after you've seen it. There's the now traditional end/mid credit sequence, so remember to stay for that. I have no idea who it showed though. It seemed like I should have.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm

I am planning to watch it after work with my friends this coming Friday. I should be preording the tickets tonight to make sure we can get some seats. It looks good. I am an Iron Man fan so I hope he is going to be funny.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby AshK » Fri May 04, 2012 8:22 pm

It is a great movie! Be sure to stay throughout the entire credits. There is a funny scene after the credits that got everyone in the IMAX Theater I was at to laugh. There were also quite a few funny parts as well. I give it four stars out of four. It's the best superhero movie I have seen so far. The theater auditorium I was in was nearly packed to the brim! Avengers is a really awesome movie, I may go and see it again sometime! Anyone who goes to see it is sure to enjoy it especially if they like Superheroes! I strongly recommend this movie to other people! It is great! Especially if you have an IMAX Theater near you!

Laters,
AshK
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Marky » Sun May 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Decided to see it yesterday with my roommate and I thought it was a good movie. Enjoyed it all-around. My roommate didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did, but, eh, that's his tastes. XD
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon May 07, 2012 7:35 pm

My favorite part was when Hulk pwoned Loki, "Puny God." Mutters Hulk....then he sucker punches Thor.

Thanos was revealed at the end credits as a possible Avengers 2 villain, and the Avengers team goes out for shwarma, as Tony Stark/Iron Man had he wanted to try it after he saved the world from disaster.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 pm

The Sucker Punch to Thor was before the several blows that the Hulk did to Loki. Just thought I would let you know.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)