Princess Jellyfish

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Princess Jellyfish

Postby Zilla » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:55 am

I just came upon the anime today, and I've watched the first two episodes. It's really good! The OP was enough to get me into the show! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoeGEEu5L4

It's about an apartment for women only, inhabited by otaku fujoshi, each with their own quirky obsession. The main character, Tsukimi, is infatuated with jellyfish, since her mother would take her to aquariums as a kid, and told her how she would make a dress for her that looked like the jellyfish there. She gets a complex about it, and loves dresses that resemble the jellyfish she saw.

Enter Kurako, a crossdressing politician's son, who is very fashion conscious. He "rescues" a jellyfish for Tsukimi, and invites himself over. The residents of the otaku-house are averse to Kurako on sight, not because he's actually a guy, but because she's "Stylish," a curse word among their sisterhood of geekery.

I really like the show because for once, I feel like I can totally relate to the characters. That's sad, isn't it? :P Even so, it's a very light-hearted and fun show. Definitely worth checking out!
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Princess Jellyfish

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 pm

I remember seeing that at a convention last year. I thought it was cute as well and was waiting for Funimation to finish the translations...(I got to see a screener copy before the release date...:)...)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: Princess Jellyfish

Postby Zilla » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

I finished it. It's too short!

I'm gonna have to read the manga now ^^
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)