Micheal Bay Changing Some things for Ninja Turtles Movie

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Micheal Bay Changing Some things for Ninja Turtles Movie

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

So, Micheal Bay is directing the newest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. However, he's making a change. Namely, the turtles' origins. They will no longer be four pets, but aliens
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Micheal Bay Changing Some things for Ninja Turtles Movie

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

That is so wrong on many different levels.....

The aliens should be the Utroms, who created the ooze that mutated 4 baby turtles and their rat sensei, Master Splinter. There was an evil Utrom who posed as Oruko Saki/Shredder. Will Shredder be a major villain in this one as well?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I think I'm just going to quote something I saw on another forum, since he put it way better than I could...

IF THEY ARE ALIENS THEY WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING LIKE THEY WILL BE VIEWED AS FREAKS BY HUMANS AND FORCED TO LIVE IN SEWERS! That's not what Ninja Turtles are at all! Ever!

Why is there an evil Utrom? That's stupid, they weren't evil. This show sucks for ruining such a great race of aliens!
A whole race of Krang? What the hell? Jumping the shark straight into idiotic aren't they?

Shredder isn't an alien! He is human! Always has been human. To do otherwise would ruin the franchise.

Comedy? Oh god, Ninja Turtles isn't a comedy. To make it light hearted would ruin Ninja Turtles forever!

Splinter being a human? Oh god, that ruins the origin of Ninja Turtles forever and will only bring doom and is stupid.
Splinter evolving from a rat? That makes no sense, how could they change his origin to something so stupid?

Every idea except the original black and white Ninja Turtles is horrible and stupid and will never be good because it ruins your childhood!

Baxter Stockman a fly-man? That's not how he should be, he becomes a cyborg! Also he should be black!
Baxter Stockman being a robot? That's not how he should be, he is a fly now and forever! They changed his skin tone? Ruined the character to be PC! RUINED!

Every version of Ninja Turtles should be exactly the same and anything different, even if we lack any real information, is the worst thing ever made!

You should think I'm exaggerating a point here, but I am actually paraphrasing what I've heard every single time they change something for a new version of Ninja Turtles.

Seriously, people. It won't hurt to let an adaptation try something new.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 am

Oh, I know. I have no real problem with something like this.

It's just that other people can get so utterly defensive in regards to their 'childhood', thinking that such things will ruin that. When in reality it won't. It's not like they're going back and ACTUALLY changing your childhood.

... and it's fun seeing other peoples' reactions.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:04 pm

They did a final Ninja Turtles cartoon, Turtles Forever, where they dealt with multiverse versions of the 4 Turtles, including the 80's Turtles and Turtle Prime was the black and white grainy version. They brought back Bebop and Rocksteady, Krang and Shredder from the 1980's and the Techodrome as well.

I suggest to boycott this planned movie. There are other movies out in theaters.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, and none of them are any good. 'Tis half the reason why I stopped going to the theater in the first place. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I don't see anything wrong with simply letting things play out and seeing how things go when and if it is finished. If it does good, it does good, and if it bombs, it bombs. Either way, it's best to let time and motivation be the determining factors here instead of jumping to conclusions right away.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Rodney » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

Personnaly I am more concerned by the fact that Michael Bay will direct the movie. While I expect great visuals, vehicule races and loud explosions, I have doubts that the potential for a deeply introspective movie about the shortcommings of relationships in turtle communities will be used to its fullest.

Also will Michael Bay be able to properly paint the sense of responsability created by being named after a renaissance master ? I see a lot of untapped potential for a psychological plot driven by the identity angst over being green. (see Wicked the musical)

I hope I will be proved wrong but I'm afraid the pizzas won't even be organic !
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 pm

After Transformers 2, I decided to not watch 3 and Im not going to watch this movie. In fact, I'm going to pirate it. I'm not going to support this director.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Zoey wrote:After Transformers 2, I decided to not watch 3 and Im not going to watch this movie. In fact, I'm going to pirate it. I'm not going to support this director.

Would it help if I told you he's just producing the movie, not directing?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

... Well Ill wait for the first week to go by and depending on that is if I pay for the movie or pirate it.... yarg. Still I am those of little faith for Bay
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm

And it turns out they might not be actual aliens after all! Don't you feel silly getting all worked up over it now?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Keeping one's cool triumphs once again. :D
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Ookalf wrote:And it turns out they might not be actual aliens after all! Don't you feel silly getting all worked up over it now?

Bummer; I wanted to see more people act like goofballs.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)