Abe Lincoln.... Vampire Hunter?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Abe Lincoln.... Vampire Hunter?

Postby Carmilla » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPxdjECy ... e=youtu.be

I'm at a complete loss for words on this. Help me find the words to describe this, please?

Or just discuss, that's fine, too.
And now, for something curious.
Time passes, people move...Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition...Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...
Carmilla
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Re: Abe Lincoln.... Vampire Hunter?

Postby Zilla » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Aliens and Cowboys sold.... didn't it? I guess there's something to be said about taking two disparate themes and taking the synthesis of them seriously?

Tim Burton worked on this?

I suppose Abe was tall and gangly... that seems to be Tim Burton's calling card anyway, ne?
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am

As mentioned in the description, it's based on a novel. Stuff like that have become more popular recently ie: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It was inevitable that one would be made into a movie eventually.

That said, it looks pretty good. Tim Burton... I dunno. He's pretty good at taking a goofy idea and playing it seriously, which can result in good movies, but the stuff he makes based on books have had mixed results.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Will they portray John Wilkes Booth as a vampire Southern sympathizer?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Helel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:32 am

It's a movie that I'd look at myself, though there are a LOT of neat movies coming out soon.

...like Iron Sky. THAT is a goofy idea.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm

This movie was very cool! I enjoyed the historical tie in and the vampire characters, like Henry, Adam, and Adam's sister.

Plot: Our nation's 16th President lost his mother, Nancy Hanks Lincoln in 1818 in Indiana. Distraught over his parent's death (the father lost his job and died a few years after his wife), the young Abe Lincoln seeks out Jonathan Barts, who fired his father and killed his mother. He encounters Henry, a vampire who helps Lincoln fight the vampires with his silver axe. Lincoln learns from Henry how to identify and kill vampires with silver. Later, Lincoln arrives in Springfield, Illinois, where he takes a job as Mr. Speed's clerk. He meets Mary Todd, his future wife, and his political rival, Stephen Douglas. Lincoln becomes a Lawyer, and helps his childhood friend Will, a black free man, to acquire a writ for himself and his family to prove their freedom in the North in the wake of the Fugitive Slave Law of 1850. Will becomes the first African-American advisor during the American Civil War and acts as a Presidential bodyguard. Along with his public life in politics and being an attorney, Lincoln fights vampires at night, finding them in pharmacists, pastors, and other townsfolk, with Henry's assistance. Eventually, Lincoln becomes President of the United States in 1860, on the eve of the American Civil War. Lincoln rescues Will when the black man is captured by Adam, an ancient vampire and travels to New Orleans to crash a fancy party attended by vampires and their unsuspecting guests. The capture of Will by the vampires is in retailiation of the Emancipation Proclamation, as well as an attack on William Todd Lincoln, affectionately called "Willie" by his parents.

As President, Lincoln's own personal tragic loss of his son, Willie, was due to Adam's sister, the vampire Enforcer. Mary Todd Lincoln kills the Vampire Enforcer with a silver bullet at the medical camp at Gettysburg, and Lincoln kills Adam with a silver pocket watch on the decoy train. The Underground Railroad was used in the movie to move escaped slaves and silver munitions to Gettysburg, PA, while Lincoln's train was the decoy. Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Adress after the hard-fought victory over the Confederacy. Lincoln's defeat of the vampires led to their withdrawl from the Confederacy, and America, allowing the Union to finally defeat the South at Appamatox, Virginia. The movie ends when the Lincoln family head to take in a play at Ford's Theatre, where Lincoln is fatally shot by John Wilkes Booth on April 14, 1865. Before Lincoln leaves with his stove hat and his tickets to the theatre, he entrusts his journal to Henry. Henry survives to the present age, where he talks with a man at a Washington, DC bar and offers to help him with his troubles.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)