New Thundercats cartoon on Cartoon Network!

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

New Thundercats cartoon on Cartoon Network!

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 am

Thunder....Thunder....Thundercats! Ho!

Friday July 29, a new Thundercats cartoon will be starting, detailing the society that Lion-O and his friends lived in before Thundara was destroyed and sent to Third Earth.

Cartoon Network played the first 3 classic Thundercats episodes "Exodus", "Unholy Alliance" (1st appearance of Mumm-Ra the Everliving), and "Bearbebils" (the robot bears who help Lion-O get new food and build the Thundercat's Lair).

The voice actor who voiced Lion-O will be voicing Lion-O's father, the king of Thundara. He and the lady who will voice Cheetara were at Comic Con this weekend, along with former wwe superstar CM Punk, who interrupted Triple H's WWE panel.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: New Thundercats cartoon on Cartoon Network!

Postby AshK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I always watched Thundercats when I was younger. It was that, Transformers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I can't wait to see the new Thundercats series.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 pm

The New Thundercats cartoon series will be premiering tonight at 8PM est.

It is a classic heroes' journey as Lion-O leads a new generation of cat-like aliens against the evil Mumm-Ra and the mutants.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Thundercats was pretty cool last night. I can't wait until the next new Episode is shown next week at 8:30P Eastern/7:30P Central
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 pm

yeah, I liked the introduction of WileyKit (girl) and WileyKat (Boy) as they are orphans who live off of stealing from unsuspecting villagers.

The next episode preview has Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetara heading out to get the Book of Omens. Jaga the Wise sacrificed himself to save Lion-O from Mumm-ra, and WileyKit and WileyKat head out to join Lion-O and his team.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 am

Rise of Ramlak (Aug. 5)

Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, WilyKit and WilyKat, and Snarf head out from the ruins of Thundera on the search for the Book of Omens. Jaga was captured by Mumm-Ra and Grune.

WilyKit and Kat want to join Lion-O's party, and eventually prove they can handle their own against the fish people, especially the cook, who wants to eat the ThunderKittens. Once they get to some sand sea, the Thundercats find food, but, IT'S A TRAP! Laid out by the Fish people. Their Captain has a vendetta against an evil creature called The Ramlak. (Reminds me of Captain Ahab in Moby Dick). Lion-O is still seeking vengance against Mumm-Ra for taking out his father. Lion-O learns that revenge is not the best way to accomplish the goals, and after the fish captain dies, he and the Thundercats head off to find the Book Of Omens. Meanwhile, Mumm-Ra traps Jaga's spirit in a dark lantern and forces the elder cleric to reveal the location of the Book of Omens.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 am

I can't wait to see the next episode. Thundercats is awesome!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)