Wii "U"

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Wii "U"

Postby Albedo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Newest Wii "console".
Controller is pretty much a single-screen DS meets an artist's pad. Let's you play your games on the controller if the TV is busy (not a handheld).
Your opinions? To me it looks like just a Wii controller, but the games on it look pretty hot graphically. Still sticking with a 3DS however.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Wii "U"

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm

What looks like a wii controller? Also, why is console in quotation marks. It is the next console... >_>

Anyway, it looks good graphically, and they promised better online. If it's got a hard drive built in, Nintendo may have something here. Plus, new Smash Bros.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby AshK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

The Wii "U" is probably going to cost a pretty penny as well. I already traded in my DSi XL for a 3DS, I don't really find myself even thinking about purchasing a Wii "U" I do have to admit though, the graphics look pretty darn sweet!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Helel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Shadowmaster wrote:What looks like a wii controller? Also, why is console in quotation marks. It is the next console... >_>

Anyway, it looks good graphically, and they promised better online. If it's got a hard drive built in, Nintendo may have something here. Plus, new Smash Bros.

Jyes!
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mendi-chan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 am

Smash Bros. and Zelda will be why I consider buying this console, but if they want any staying power they better get some 3rd party attention and fast...
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

When I saw the example where the controller is set on the ground for golf, I thought that was pretty neat.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:35 am

Mendi-chan wrote:Smash Bros. and Zelda will be why I consider buying this console, but if they want any staying power they better get some 3rd party attention and fast...

To be honest, people have been saying that... for the last 3 or 4 consoles. And really, as long as they dictate the development of hardware and games with the system, who cares for them? Now, people may not end up doing much with the Wii U in the long run- but Nintendo doesn't care, as long as you buy it. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)