X-Men: First Class

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

X-Men: First Class

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 am

Before Professor Charles Francis Xavier and Erik Magnus Lensherr became Professor X and Magneto, the two young mutants worked together to recruit the 1st class of mutants. The Hellfire Club, led by Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) and Emma Frost (January Jones) plan to start a war, pitting Cuba against the United States (The Cuban Missile Crisis).

The new X-Men were Havok/Alex Summers (Scott Summers' brother), Hank McCoy/Beast, Raven Darkholme/Mystique (later joins Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants), and Sean Cassidy/Banshee, the Irish mutant with the power of sonic scream/manipulation and flight.

I am planning to see X-Men: First Class, even though the original 5 x-men from the comics are not in it (except for Beast and Prof. X). They put Havok instead of his brother, Cyclops, and there are no Warren Worthington III/Angel and Jean Grey, or Bobby Drake/Iceman.

Azrael, Nightcrawler's father, is in this movie too.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: X-Men: First Class

Postby AshK » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

It's a pretty decent movie in my opinion. I also like the scene with Logan. That's one of the funniest scenes in the movie.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 pm

yeah, my friend and I were watching that part, and he saw Logan/Wolverine's cigar, and he's like, "Is that who I think that is?"

Lenny Kravitz's daughter Zoe plays Angel Salvadore, who has insect wings and the ability to spit corrosive saliva in the form of small spheres. She joins Sebastian Shaw's team, and later, Magneto's team, which later becomes the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:12 pm

That scene was classic Logan/Wolverine. I laughed during that scene and laughed silently for the next two scenes after that.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Zoey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 am

Saw it last night and loved it. Loved the relationship between Charles and Erik, which totally stole the show. It was a very good movie and probably THE best of all x-men films.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby AshK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am

Zoey wrote:Saw it last night and loved it. Loved the relationship between Charles and Erik, which totally stole the show. It was a very good movie and probably THE best of all x-men films.

I completely agree! It is the best of all the X-Men films!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am

Just saw it today and felt pretty disappointed. It's nowhere near as good as the first two X-Men films. I knew the development was pretty rushed, and it definitely shows. It's just the unfinished script from Origins: Magneto, mixed with a rehash of the original film's plot, combined with the 'too many characters' problems from X-Men 3. I wish they'd just given the rights back to Marvel now so they can include X-Men in their film universe. If you thought the relationship between any characters was well developed, you need to start watching more than just anime :p
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am

Woah wait, you thought the FIRST film was good?! The second was ok, and the 3rd was forgettable. I still think first class is the best out of the x men films
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)