My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat May 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Alright, come on admit it! How many of you have fallen to this show's charm?

I'm a proud FimFan. Not that I could hide it at this point, being I'm on one of the youtube teams that reviews the episodes. XD
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm

I didn't even know that it existed. :O
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 pm

It's exploded on the internet in the last few months. I was very skeptical on all the praise I was hearing from it, but didn't want to pass judgement until I saw some of it.

There was no turning back. I'm a hopeless Fimfan now. (Or Brony as some call us)

It's not often I become this enamored with a show so quickly, but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for season 2, which is MONTHS away.

Till then I'll continue doing Pony reviews.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Rodney » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:20 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Alright, come on admit it!

I only watched the first half of season 1 so far, but I do admit I enjoy watching the show.

I really enjoy the trend of Lauren Faust's production to assume that the viewer is actually smart. (Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends)
Yet, I feel "Friendship is Magic" is even better than those two past productions.
Both parents and children can watch the show and enjoy it, it's really well done.

It's not what I would have expected from a "My little pony" cartoon, very surprising.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm suffering from Hype Aversion when it comes to this show. :3 From all the accounts I've heard, it seems like it's a fairly well-written and interesting series. On the other hand, some of the excessive behavior I've heard of from the fanbase has largely negated any interest I might have in watching it. <.< Ah well...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

I have heard about this via the wikipedia search. Apparently, the main character writes letters to her mentor at the end of each episode when she learns a valuable lesson, like sincerity or friendship.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am

Anything has crazy fans doing crazy stuff. Always ignore the hype and judge for yourself.

I remember thinking I'd HATE Gurren Laagan for all the over-hype it kept getting, and ended up falling in love with it as well.

Trust me when I say: Friendship is Magic is something you want to judge yourself.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:23 pm

watch it mischa!
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I just saw a Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney/ MLP Friendship is Magic story on Youtube. It has voice actors who voice Phoenix Wright and the characters from MLP:FIM...

The plot: Rainbow Dash is accused of murdering Ace Swift, a fellow Pegusi and competitor in the Equestian 500 race in the Everfree Forest the night before the big race. Twilight Sparkle, on orders from Princess Celestia, uses a summoning spell to summon Phoenix Wright and the Judge from Ace Attorney to help in the trial. Trixie, a unicorn who is the prosecutor, holds a grudge against the Mane Six. Apple Bloom, Applejack's sister, and Fluttershy are called to testify about what they saw the night Ace Swift was killed by electrocution (a giant storm cloud shot 3 bolts of lightning). Later in the series, Phoenix Wright travels around Ponyville, meeting the residents, including Applejack and her brother, Big MacIntosh, Rarity (who helps repair his attorney suit), and Pinkie Pie. They meet Sonata, a unicorn and Ace Swift's former manager, who may be hiding something crucial to why she and Ace Swift were blackmailing Rainbow Dash. Can Phoenix Wright solve the case before Rainbow Dash is banished from Ponyville forever?

Another youtube adventure chronicles the adventures of Dr. Whooves, Resident Time Lord Pony, and Ditzy Doo (Derpy Hooves) as they explore Ponyville. Dr. Who arrives in the MLP dimension via the TARDIS, and becomes an earth pony named Dr. Whooves. His voice is David Tennant. Dr. Whooves, now a pony, has to deal with being an equine in Ponyville. Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo helps her new friend explore the new dimension and meet Princess Celestia.

Then there is a live version for the young kids, featuring the voices of Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle in the show. The story for this is the Galloping Gala and preparations for the chores each Pony needs to complete in three pony teams before they can attend the Gala. Can Applejack and Rainbow Dash get along to get their chores done with Twilight Sparkle so they can attend the Gala?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Cece » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

So sue me...This is my favorite u tube episode. (You try watching it with a strait face, seriously)
Cece
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I have seen a few episodes. The ones I have seen are pretty cool!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue May 01, 2012 4:18 am

The show revolves around the adventures and daily life of the unicorn pony Twilight Sparkle (voiced by Tara Strong, singing voice by Rebecca Shoichet), her baby dragon assistant Spike (voiced by Cathy Weseluck), and her friends in Ponyville:

Rainbow Dash, a tomboyish pegasus pony who helps control the weather (voiced by Ashleigh Ball);
Rarity, a glamorous unicorn with a flair for fashion design (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain, singing voice by Kazumi Evans);
Fluttershy, a shy pegasus pony who is fond of animals (voiced by Andrea Libman);
Pinkie Pie, a hyperactive pony who loves throwing parties (voiced by Andrea Libman, singing voice by Shannon Chan-Kent);
Applejack, a hard-working pony on her apple farm at the outskirts of Ponyville (voiced by Ashleigh Ball).
The younger Cutie Mark Crusaders include: Apple Bloom, Applejack's younger sister (voiced by Michelle Creber); Sweetie Belle, Rarity's younger sister (voiced by Claire Corlett, singing voice by Michelle Creber); and Scootaloo, a pegasus that idolizes Rainbow Dash (voiced by Madeleine Peters).

The show takes place in the fictional land of Equestria, which is ruled by Twilight's teacher Princess Celestia (voiced by Nicole Oliver) and her sister Princess Luna (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain).

Many recurring characters also appear as supporting characters, including the eccentric zebra Zecora (voiced by Brenda Crichlow[25]), who lives in nearby Everfree Forest and dabbles in herbal medicine, and the friends, acquaintances, and family of the six primary characters. Villains include the draconequus Discord (voiced by John de Lancie)[26][27], Nightmare Moon (the corrupted form of Princess Luna), and Queen Chrysalis (the changeling).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am

How did you like the season 2 finale, a 2 part episode concerning the Royal Wedding of Shining Armor (Twilight Sparkle's brother and Captain of the Royal Guard) and Princess Candence (Princess Celestia's niece)? The changelings, including their Queen, Queen Chrysalis, showed up as the main villains. Changelings in MLP may resemble ponies but are dark and can assume any shape of any pony. The Changelings transformed into copies of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, while Queen Chrysalis assumed the guise of Princess Candence and brainwashed Shining Armor and some others.

Catch the Royal wedding of Shining Armor and princess Cadence on Youtube.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 am

Here's one of the songs from Queen Chrysalis/Real princess Candence from the season 2 finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lX6xXIy ... ure=g-vrec
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:31 pm

The Hub just announced that the encore presentation of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 2 Finale, entitled A Royal Canterlot Wedding, will air at 10:00 AM Eastern/7:00 AM Pacific Saturday morning. This is a Two Part episode, similar to the Season 1 pilot, Mare in the Moon (featuring villain NightMare Moon/Luna) and the Season 2 premiere 2 part episode Return of Harmony (featuring John De Lancie as Discord). This episode can be viewed on Youtube and on DVD.

Special guest human coorespondant Tori Spelling appears in the commercial bumps, talking with several wedding goers, including Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Spike the Dragon, and Twilight Sparkle, among others.
The entire episode centers on the big wedding planned for Twilight Sparkle's brother, Shining Armor, head of the Royal Canterlot Guard. He is to be wed to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, better known as Princess Cadence, the niece of Princess Celestia, and Twilight's foal sitter. However some suspicious behaviors from the bride-to-be has Twilight Sparkle concerned about her big brother's welfare.

Season 3 is set to air sometime around Sept. 15 or so.

John De Lancie is hosting a documentary that will be airing on Youtube about the "Brony" phenomenon. Voice actresses Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle), Andrea Libman (Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie), Ashleigh Ball (Rainbow Dash and Applejack), Cathy Wesluck (Spike and the Mayor of Ponyville), Nicole Oliver (Cherilee and Princess Celestia), and Tabitha St. Germain (Granny Smith, Rarity, Ditzy Doo/Derpy Hooves, Princess Luna) will be in the documentary, discussing their involvement in the show and their characters.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)