Thor

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Thor

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

The Asgardian God of Thunder, son of All-Father Odin, and the wielder of the mighty Mjolnir, Thor, comes to the big screen May 6, starring Anthony Hopkins as Odin.

Based on the Marvel Comics character and the Norse Myths, Thor is stripped of his powers by his father, Odin, and sent to Earth to learn to walk among the mortals of Midgard (Earth) and learn to be humble. He gains the attention of SHIELD and some scientists, and eventually regains his powers to fight Sil and Loki, who are planning to take over the realm of mortals, along with the Frost Giants.

Captain America: the First Avenger, comes out in Summer 2011, and is about Steve Rodgers (Chris Evans), a young man who is constantly rejected for military service during World War II because of his small size. After undergoing a powerful transformation during an experimental super-soldier test run, Steve Rodgers dons the iconic red, white, and blue uniform, and fights the Nazis with Nick Fury, and eventually faces off with his arch-nemesis, the Red Skull (Hugo Weaving).

I know there is an Avengers Movie coming out, because Tony Stark shows up at the end of the Incedible Hulk movie (Ed Norton version) and discusses with General Ross in a bar about his new team he is planning to recruit.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Thor

Postby Flannery » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I will be seeing it this weekend. And no that is not a typo. Early release of the movie will be played on my Military Base.
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I went to see this today. I thought it looked a bit lame from the trailers, but good reviews made give it a chance. I guess it was okay, but I've never really come across the Thor character before, and through it all I was distracted by how out of place he feels compared to people like Iron Man and The Hulk? Super Heroes created through technology and science... alongside an actual Norse God? I guess my issue is more with the character than the movie itself, but it was hard to get over that for me.

No idea why, but it was released last week here in the UK.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Helel » Sun May 01, 2011 10:08 am

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:I went to see this today. I thought it looked a bit lame from the trailers, but good reviews made give it a chance. I guess it was okay, but I've never really come across the Thor character before, and through it all I was distracted by how out of place he feels compared to people like Iron Man and The Hulk? Super Heroes created through technology and science... alongside an actual Norse God? I guess my issue is more with the character than the movie itself, but it was hard to get over that for me.

No idea why, but it was released last week here in the UK.

The Marvel Universe is all sorts of strange, and while Thor is a 'god' that's not what he is, per se. It's just stated that the Norse Gods are based off of him and his kind, rather than being created through human myth or whatever.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun May 15, 2011 12:33 am

The only reason I want to see Thor is because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4y7209adbQ

I didn't care for Thor but now I just can't stop giggling because of that. Planning to see the movie this coming Friday.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Thor and Loki will be in the new Avengers film coming out May 4. Hulk, Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.) , Thor, Hawkeye (Clint Burton), Black Widow (Natasha Romanov) Captain America (Steve Rodgers) and Nick Fury will be in the Avengers.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Tony Stark/Iron Man is played by Robert Downey Jr.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye is played by Jeremy Renner.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow is played by Scarlett Johansson

Dr. Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk is played by Mark Ruffalo

Thor is played by Chris Hemsworth

Steve Rogers/Captain America is playd by Chris Evans

Loki is played by Tom Hiddleston

Col Nick Fury is played by Samuel L. Jackson
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 am

The new Ghost Rider movie, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengance is now out in 3 d and in 2 d. Nicolas Cage reprises his role as Johnny Blaze, former motorcycle stuntman and demon bounty hunter known as the Ghost Rider. He is asked in the sequel to protect a family from a powerful demon for a chance at redemption.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)