Canaan, awesome anime

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Canaan, awesome anime

Postby Zilla » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 pm

I binged on Canaan after watching the first 6 or so episodes at Anime Detour. It's fantastic. All the summaries I've seen of it don't do it justice either, which is really a shame.

It has a feel somewhat like Ghost in the Shell, but much more emotional and personally engaging. GitS was rather dry, all in all. This has the same kind of conspiratorial overtones, but the characters are more relatable, and the action is more intense. Really, it's best to start this one fresh, without any plot spoiled, which is why the synopsis isn't very good. Regardless, here's my own take on it.

A highly skilled assassin with a very advanced form of synesthesia (mixing senses, emotions as colors, sound as smell, etc.) has a strange relationship with a reporter who has amnesia. She must protect her reporter friend, as she follows orders to combat the terrorist group known as The Snakes. But the Snakes are more tied to her past than she knows...

The action sequences are phenominal (reminding me of Cowboy Bebop), and the pacing is intense and refreshing. The show explores some very extreme forms of love and relationships as well.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Canaan, awesome anime

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Just so I know this isn't some kind of hentai or something... By "extreme forms of love," you don't mean bondage, hot wax, jumper cables, et cetera? XD;; I'm willing to check it out otherwise, since the summary I once saw for it didn't pique my interest.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:02 pm

It isn't ecchi or anything like that from what I remember. I remember seeing a good bit of the series a few years ago. It was good.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Zilla » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm mostly thinking about "willing to do anything" kind of extreme, not kinky.

Although one character is more than a little sadistic to her underlings.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Oh, good. Sounds safe for my "innocent" eyes, then. :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 pm

I watched Canaan when it first came out- it's pretty awesome. It's extremely action-y, though the relationships actually seemed forced at times, especially with regards to Maria's fascination of Canaan, and their mutual companionship. That said, the depiction of the Synesthesia, the Ua Virus, and other plot points was well done in my opinion.

Definitely a series that I would recommend watching, especially since it's only 13 episodes and isn't that time consuming to watch. ^_^
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)