Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox

Postby Windyuki » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:14 pm

So, this series seems to be the bastard lovechild of Koihime Musou and Sengoku Basara. I'm almost positive it's going to be horrible. I'm also almost positive I'm going to watch it for at least a few episodes. This seems like a series that could be bad enough to be quite good.

The premise: High school girl gets sent back in time into the Warring States period of Japanese history... but everyone is female. Since she's named Hideoshi, she ends up getting recruited by Nobunaga for some purpose or other. Or something like that.
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Re: Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 am

I'm not sure if I'll check it out or not... I didn't even finish Koihime Musou. There was one spinoff of the main series (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, was it?) that I thought was a little entertaining, where some guy and his aid/councilor/whatever from the past find themselves in modern Japan, as girls. And someone else was a stuffed animal. I can't remember the name of it... I know there were exclamation points in the title, though. XD;;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Windyuki » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

Mitera Nikkou wrote:I'm not sure if I'll check it out or not... I didn't even finish Koihime Musou. There was one spinoff of the main series (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, was it?) that I thought was a little entertaining, where some guy and his aid/councilor/whatever from the past find themselves in modern Japan, as girls. And someone else was a stuffed animal. I can't remember the name of it... I know there were exclamation points in the title, though. XD;;

Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but I don't think you could call an anime made in a different country 500 years later (With largely different characters) a spin-off.
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm

A sequel, then? So long as the setting or the characters (this one, in this case) remain the same, it can only be one or the other. For the anime that I can't remember the name of, we have some of the characters from the main series in a future setting, so it can arguably be considered a sequel. On the other hand, the overall plot has nothing to do with the main series despite the presence of the characters, so it could also be called a spinoff.

At the very least it's definitely a spinoff, because it's a derivative of another series.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Fairly sure I'm checking this show out for laughs and to infuriate friends. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 am

Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox can infuriate friends...? Then... What about people that aren't friends? <_<
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox can infuriate friends...? Then... What about people that aren't friends? <_<

It can infuriate them too, I'm sure. ^_^
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)