S.T.A.L.K.E.R. kinda sucks.

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. kinda sucks.

Postby Zilla » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I bought a pack of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games when they were on sale on Steam. I'm glad they were on sale...

So, I'm playing Shadow of Chernobyl, and I think I've given it it's fair shake. Everything I learn about this game is just major annoyance. The way you loot corpses is frustrating. The movement speed is frustrating. The head-bob when moving is frustrating. Having anomalies everywhere that damage you when you get too close to them, but are nearly invisible, and possibly fatal if you're sprinting, is frustrating. Your horrible accuracy is frustrating. Your low health and lack of auto-save is frustrating.

It seems like it wanted to be both SWAT 4 and Fallout 3, and just took the worst parts of both, without thinking. There's lots of pointless journeying, which isn't even fun like in Oblivion/Fallout. The atmosphere is lacking, to put it mildly. The story is pretty bland. There's lots of tedious and unchallenging things, and you often die nearly instantly because the health meter is so unobtrusive that you never notice that you're near death. The menus were unintuitive and bulky. The controls were way overblown for what it seemed to be trying to do. The graphics were pretty terrible, even on highest settings.

All in all, I'm not satisfied with my purchase. <_<
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)