MAD TV

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

MAD TV

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 am

I was watching the new MAD TV show on cartoon network, and they had parodies of Pokemon crossed with Jurassic Park, called Pokemon Park.

The scientist guy from Jurassic Park 1 was there, and the people of Pokemon were Ash Ketchum (as the Jeff Goldblum role)and Misty, and Team Rocket (Jesse and James). Then a Magikarp was there, and a Charmander. Team Rocket stole the Pokeballs after the Charmander fought with the Magikarp and Charmander evolved into Charizard, and Magikarp evolved into Lampras. Misty and Ash escape on a Spaerow, and they discuss Digimon Island and Yu-gi-OH Island. The Lapras ate team rocket. Misty, James, and Jesse's voices were spot on.

next they had WWEr, a parody of WWE and ER, where the pro wrestlers competed to do surgeries and medical stuff.

Quadruple H= Triple H
Lamus -Sheamus
Blundertaker - Undertaker
Big Slow - Big Show
They had parodies of the WWE Divas, Kofi Kingston, and Jack Swagger.

They just announced the special host for Wrestlemania 27....Can you smelllll what the Rock is cooking? Yes, Dwayne Johnson, aka the Rock, has come back to WWE.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: MAD TV

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 am

Honestly, while MAD TV has amusing moments, I could never really get into it since it always seemed to be... I dunno. Many of the skits were just bleh in the long run.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 pm

From what little I see, MAD TV seems to be based on a lot of gross humor which I am not a fan of. It also has a lot of silly comedy but for me it isn't my type of silly comedy. So really I can't get behind this.

Also doesn't help that CN wants to make this last 15 minutes a night instead of a full 30 minutes. Not worth my time.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Yeah, they now have Regular Show and Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

I like Adventure Time, because of Finn the Human and Jake the Dog, Princess BubbleGum, Ice King, Marcelline the Vampire Queen, and Lumpy Space Princess (LSP).

For adult swim lineup, its Superjail, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Young Justice is a DC inspired show with the sidekicks of Batman, Flash, and Martin Manhunter.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Albedo » Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm

MAD does well in it's format, definantly doesn't have the content to make a 30 minute show. Considering that it's usually one or two segments that appeal to you every show.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun May 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Albedo wrote:MAD does well in it's format, definantly doesn't have the content to make a 30 minute show. Considering that it's usually one or two segments that appeal to you every show.

YEah. I notice that MAD doesn't have content for a 30 minute show from what I seen. It is good in small amount. It just that I wish CN didn't try this format with all their other shows for Monday Night.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Albedo » Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 pm

I noticed MAD is a rarity on CN. It has a full-length intro. Most are short sound clips and a title, some even lack a sound clip. Even Courage had it's intro shortened.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:53 am

Grey's in Anime Spoofs Grey's Anatomy and your classic anime memes:

The patient is wheeled into the ER, where he needs an emergency appedectomy. He is given a sedative, and he starts halucinating.

There's a Sailor Moon parody, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon, Pedobear, and Carmadesilan.

Doctor: Nurse, what are his vitals?
Nurse: They're over 9000!
Doctor: What?! 9000! Impossible! Time to upgrade to Super Surgeon! (Transforms into Super Surgeon a la Goku does when he becomes Super Saiyan).

There is a yu-Gi-Oh parody too, using Dark Physician (Dark Magician). 3000 health points and a medicine-type monster.
Kaiba-spoof counters with trap card: Malpractice. Negates Dark Physician's special healing ability.

Then Checkaflu (Pikachu) comes out and shocks patient, revealing some sort of crystal (Inuyasha's Shikon no Tama).

There is a Naruto parody, and one featuring Yogi Bear as Yu-Gi-Bear! Yogi duels Ranger Smith for picnic baskets.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

My Favorite is My Litte WarHorse, which parodies My Little Pony: FiM with the WWI movie, WarHorse. Catch it on Youtube, as it also makes fun of The Adventures of Tin Tin.

The plot is similar to WarHorse, where the English guy's horse has been drafted by the English government to help in WWI. Of Course, true to MAD parody, the soldiers take Pinkie Pie instead of the War Horse. She is placed in boot camp with several familiar ponies.

Cowboys v Aliens parody. They made fun of Ben 10, My Little Pony, and a bunch of other stuff. The girl who gets killed in Cowboys and Aliens is resserected and transforms into Applejack from MLP:FiM.

They did Thunder LOLcats, with Internet memes.

Avenger Time: Avengers meets Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. Tom Kenny voices Ice King for this parody.

Yo Ga Ga Ga Ga! Parody of Yo Gabba Gabba! With Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, T-Pain, Triple H, and Taylor Swift.

MoneyBall Z: Moneyball meets Dragonball Z. Vegeta, Goku, Trunks, and Goten join a baseball team led by Billy Beane (portrayed by Brad Pitt). Bulma, Krillin, Piccolo, and Chi Chi are also Parodied in the skit.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 am

My Little Pony has been parodied again on Mad Tv as My Little Pwny! Kids get pwoned by parodies of the colorful ponies.

Applejack was parodied in Cowboys v Equestrians (a Cowboys v Aliens parody). Her trademark stetson hat and cutie mark were changed because of copyright infrigement.

They got Tara Strong to voice Twilight Sparkle for My Little Pwny and My little Warhorse.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)