The Brothers Mario

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

The Brothers Mario

Postby Haylie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT
Contains violence and swearing. Also may scar your childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9oa_Pi ... r_embedded

Holy.

Bleeping.

Bleep.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: The Brothers Mario

Postby Blaze » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:55 am

THat was the best thing.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:25 pm

I saw it....it was funny...

"Excuuuse me, Princess..." That was from Legend of Zelda-Link to Zelda

"I'm sorry, but the princess is in another castle.." end of Super Mario 3, when you finally beat King Koopa/Bowser (my cousin beat the game, and my sister has the Nitendo with Super Mario 1, 2, and 3, and other Nitendo games. My nieces play the Nitendo, just like my sister and I used to. It was a gift from mom for both of us to play after our homework was done.

"It's a me Mario.." and he whistles the Mario theme song from Super Mario 3 while blowing up the Goombas.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Haylie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am

Specifically the Legend of Zelda cartoon. That was the only thing it contributed to anything, ever, is that one line. And we all hate it. :P

"I'm sorry, boys... yeh princess is in another castle" was more likely a reference to the first game, where the Toad you rescue always says that at the end of Bowser's fake castles, "Thank you, Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"

Also: "What's with the masks? You guys shy?" A reference to Shy Guys.

"TOSS ME SOME SHELLS!" I'll let you riddle that out. :P

"Enough to buy ten thousand new lives." A reference to 100 coins getting you an extra life, and how many you'd get for a million coins.

"NOW yeh playin' wit' POWAH." Referencing Nintendo Power, the gaming magazine at the time.

Mario's constant jumping.

Bullet Bill's a sniper, Lakitu's an attack chopper, Hammer Bros are sadists (and rather stupid ones).

I also think the Molotov was supposed to represent the Fire Flower.

And he was whistling SMB 2's theme, actually. The "Its'a me" line didn't come along until the N64 game, or at least that's when it became popular.

Why yes, I am a massive nerd, thanks for asking. :mrgreen:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:10 pm

So... basically the Super Mario Bros. movie mixed with Grand Theft Auto?

It was an awesome job that they did, and I liked all the references and stuff, but...

Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 pm

They parodied Mario with GTA in Robot Chicken, called Grand Theft Mario, where Mario makes the fateful turn onto the road to Vice City, and eats a mushroom, only to discover it is drugs, and not a power-up item, jumps to hit blocks to get coins to discover the blocks don't reveal coins, and tries to save a hooker, thinking it is Princess Peach.

Later, Yoshi is driving and turns left to Raccoon City, the setting for the Resident Evil video game.

Then they made fun of "Cannonball Run" mixed with famous cars and their drivers, like the Ecto-One, Speed Racer, and The General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard (Roscoe P. Coltrane sets up a phony detour and kills Bo and Luke Duke when they fly the General Lee off the cliff). The Mario part is the release of the Blue Turtle Shell, when Mario and Luigi want to get into the lead. Wario pops up and explains that the Blue Turtle shell singles out the lead car in the race, and takes it out (like in Mario Cart Racing).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)