Slayers

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Slayers

Postby Haylie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Maybe somebody already put this up somewhere, but I'm putting it up again. Because it's awesome.

It's been described to me as an "anime Dungeons and Dragons", and I would agree. It's equal parts quirky, funny, action-packed and somewhat light-hearted, and dark and dramatic. No TG that I've see, however. But I'm only a few episodes in.

It follows a young, powerful sorceress named Lina Inverse who is a petite redhead with a small chest (VERY unusual for anime), which is annoying to her, as she otherwise considers herself very beautiful and charming. She's also deceitful and greedy.
Marching alongside her is the amazingly dense Gourry (GOW-ree), a longsword-toting warrior with rediculously long blond hair (for a warrior) who is likable for his civalry, kind heart, and insanely awesome sword. :mrgreen:
More join them on their quest (namely getting Lina more money) later, but you'll have to watch to find out!

Anyway, here's the first episode: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/slayers-episode-1
Enjoy. :twisted:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Slayers

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 am

Ah Slayers, one of my top five favorite series. I've seen all of Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try. I've also seen the movies, and have the nine Light Novels that have been translated in English. I haven't seen Revolution/Evolution-R yet, though.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 am

I like Amelia...she is a hero-in training and idolizes Lina Inverse. When does the character of Amelia appear in Slayers?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am

Episode 11 of the first series.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:52 am

Wait, someone's just now getting into Slayers? OW LAAAAAWD!

But, hey, better late than never. ;p

I <3 Lina. :3
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)