Toonzai

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Toonzai

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 pm

They have a new Saturday morning block on my local CW (Columbus, Ohio) station called Toonzai, featuring the CW4Kids (yeah, those guys). They even brought back Dragonball Z Kai (Soul), starting the premiere episode of DBZ Kai with Raditz arriving on Earth, looking for his brother, Kakkorot (Goku). I wonder how they are going to handle the "It's over 9000!" thing from the Saiyan Saga (Vegeta and Nappa v Goku).

The lineup has 2 episodes of Sonic X, featuring Sonic the Hedgehog, and then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer (2 episodes), followed by Dragonball Z Kai, then Yu-Gi-OH 5 D's: Earth Bound Immortals, and the final cartoon is Dinosaur King, and they'll start Dinosaur King at the very beginning, where Max Taylor gets his dinosaur, Chomp the Triceratops, and faces the evil Alpha Gang, who are out to capture the lost Dinosaur cards that the main kids (Zoe, Rex, and Max) end up getting. The main villain is Dr. Z, voiced by Eric Stuart (James from Pokemon), and his bumbling associates are Ursula (Rachel Lillis, Jessie of Pokemon), Zander, and Ed. Dr. Z's grandchildren are Laura and Rod, voiced by Rachel Lillis as Laura, using her Misty voice) and her brother, Rod, is voiced by Veronica Taylor (who voices Max and Ash from Pokemon). I believe they got the entire voice cast for Pokemon to help voice most of the characters for Dinosaur King, which has Dinosaurs instead of Pokemon. Even Dan Green (voice of Yugi Muto/Yugi Yami) voices an android character named Jonathan, who is the pilot of the Backland, the time machine/ship used by the Alpha Gang and D-Team to travel through time to save the protagonist's parents who were captured by the Spectral Space Pirates in season 2. They have to collect 7 Cosmos Stones in seven different time periods, from the Carribean in the early 18th Century (they meet Blackbeard), to the Roman Era, where they help a girl named Sophia get a special stone to her brother, Spartacus. They even travel to Feudal Era Japan and meet a famous Shogun, ancient Persia to deal with the 40 Thieves, 16th Century France, and meet the young children who grow up to be the 3 Musketeers, help the young King of France stand up to the Queen Mother of France, and face Cardinal Richelieu, who is after the Blue Stone of Gaia. The three main Pirates are Gavro, Foolscap, and Sheer. Their boss is Spectre, and he has an Apatasaurus, which he named Bronti-kins.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)