Trinity Universe

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Trinity Universe

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 am

Did anyone else pick this game up? To those that did: what do you think?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Trinity Universe

Postby MisplacedIdea » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 am

Totally saw it on the shelf at GameStop today but didn't get a chance to give it a look. My finances are a little...limited at the moment. =/
The truth is out there...it just might not be the one you're looking for.
MisplacedIdea
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:20 pm

So are mine, but I got lucky.

Anyway, I give it a "bleh" rating. It's alright if you're a fan of the characters within, but the story's both short and weak (and the humor falls short of making that any more enjoyable for me), and you spend most of your time trying to collect various items from dungeons and monsters. The battle system's alright, I guess, but the various "special attacks" are by and large woefully uninspired and unimpressive.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby MisplacedIdea » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Not surprising. These crossover games live and die by the relationship the player has with the cast. If the characters don't resonate with the player, the entire thing falls apart. That's probably why I haven't been kicking doors down to play it; I really don't like Flonne or Etna at all, and it seems like they're the only Disgaea characters Nippon Ichi bothers to ever use in crossovers.

Oh well.
The truth is out there...it just might not be the one you're looking for.
MisplacedIdea
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm

I was more interested in the Atelier Iris portion, since Pamela is playable and because there was a character from a game that I don't think ever made it to these shores. I was mostly banking on at least a decent-sized and mediocre plot, but alas.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)