The Last Airbender

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

The Last Airbender

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

The Last Airbender, a live-action movie version of Nickolodeon's cartoon, "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is now in theaters...

Plot: Aang, a young boy raised in the Air Nation, has been deemed the "Chosen One" the last of his kind. Aang is believed to be the reincarnation of the one to save all the other nations from the spartan-like Fire Nation. The Fire Nation grows more powerful as the Crown Prince of the Fire Nation seeks to destroy the Air, Earth, and Water nations in an upcoming war.

Aang is sent to the Water Nation, in the Land of Ice, to learn to Bend Water. There, he meets Kitara and her brother, Sokka, both Water Benders. He then goes on an amazing adventure with Sokka and Kitara, as they go to create alliances with the other nations against the Fire Nations. I wonder if they are going to have Toph, the blind girl from the Earth Nation, who helps Aang learn Earth bending from her master.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: The Last Airbender

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Have you seen it? I've read a couple of reviews that have called it Shyamalan's worst film so far, and that's saying something after Lady In The Water.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Ouch. I honestly didn't mind Lady in the Water, but I can see why people wouldn't like it. From the previews that I've seen, and from what my sister told me, the movie must really blow. I mean, live-action in the first place was a MST3K.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm

No I have not seen it yet, due to lack of funds. I just want to get some more opinions from others who may have seen it. I'm still trying to find work and go to school to get my Master's Degree in Social sciences. I'm currently unemployed, and I have Asperger's Syndrome, a high-functioning form of Autism. I have trouble with social interactions, spatial awareness, sensitivity to light, and not being able to "read" people (discern whether or not they want to be my friend, or just using me out of convience, like my neighbor does not have a vehicle and I do, so if he needs to get his computer fixed, he comes to me to get a ride into town to the local computer repair store). He's even convinced me to trade me a new PSP i wanted for his older one (which still works).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Remember everything fun and loveable about the characters that set them appart from every second rate fantasy chosen one and his friend story? Well that was MNS' goal to remove. Sokka without the Funny.. its.. sad.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AshK » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Kris_Roth wrote:No I have not seen it yet, due to lack of funds. I just want to get some more opinions from others who may have seen it. I'm still trying to find work and go to school to get my Master's Degree in Social sciences. I'm currently unemployed, and I have Asperger's Syndrome, a high-functioning form of Autism. I have trouble with social interactions, spatial awareness, sensitivity to light, and not being able to "read" people (discern whether or not they want to be my friend, or just using me out of convience, like my neighbor does not have a vehicle and I do, so if he needs to get his computer fixed, he comes to me to get a ride into town to the local computer repair store). He's even convinced me to trade me a new PSP i wanted for his older one (which still works).

I really didn't mind it. It was okay, but it's not really something I would want to see again.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)