Let The Right One In/Let Me In

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Let The Right One In/Let Me In

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Hello!

Some of you on IRC might have seen me recommend a Swedish movie called Let The Right One In now and then. It's an adaptation of a book by John Ajvide Lindqvist, about a boy that gets bullied at school, and the friendship that develops between him and a strange girl that moves into the apartment block where he lives with his Mother. It's one of my favourite movies of the last five years, and a very different take on Vampires for those of you sick of Twilight being shoved in your faces. I HIGHLY recommend you check out the Swedish original, but they are remaking it in English for release later this year if you don't like watching movies with subtitles. It's had a name change to Let Me In, and has Chloe Moretz (500 Days of Summer/Kick-Ass) playing Eli. There was a bit of a fuss at the time the remake got announced, with most people saying it didn't need a remake. The guy in charge of it said it would be a different take on the novel, but from the trailer that's just come out... it appears to be a scene by scene remake!

Here's the Swedish one

And the English one
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)