Never Thought I'd Get One

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: Never Thought I'd Get One

Postby Albedo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 pm

I haven't had a pokemon game since ruby... Should I look at getting HG or SS on my 3ds sometime in the next 2 years?
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 am

Well, so far I think that Soul Silver was worth it, so I'd say yes.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Helel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 am

Both of the new remakes are completely brilliant, and from people that have been playing ALL of the games over the years, people say they're basically among the best pokemon games ever, big time. Nevermind I heard somewhere that you can catch on the order of about... 420 different types of pokemon species with heartgold and/or soulsilver alone?

If nothing else, if you have the time to play it, there's plenty of challenges for anyone in the game. And I still need to beat red. He got a huge level boost in the remake, so his entire freaking team is in the 80s now x_X
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am

XD The 80's? Sounds like a hell of a lot of leveling.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Helel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:XD The 80's? Sounds like a hell of a lot of leveling.

A fair bit, yes. I remember attempting to fight red with my team in the 60s. The freaking pikachu ko'd my entire team in one hit with one attack or another. The only damage it took was from the hail. XD

Yeah, he's crazy powerful.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I know that my first goal after obtaining the first badge will be to possibly try and trade for a Ralts.

... anyone surprised? XD
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Aeris wrote:Both of the new remakes are completely brilliant, and from people that have been playing ALL of the games over the years, people say they're basically among the best pokemon games ever, big time. Nevermind I heard somewhere that you can catch on the order of about... 420 different types of pokemon species with heartgold and/or soulsilver alone?

If nothing else, if you have the time to play it, there's plenty of challenges for anyone in the game. And I still need to beat red. He got a huge level boost in the remake, so his entire freaking team is in the 80s now x_X

Oh I know. Red is a beast now because his pokemon are in the 80s. Mines are around the fifties with my Tyhosion around 70 so there is going to be some major training. It just that the problem with this game like GS is that there is no good training places. You have any suggestions?

Though right now I am trying to capture the Legendary Birds. Articuno is being a pain since I have to navigate though Seafoam Island....
KonokoHasano wrote:I know that my first goal after obtaining the first badge will be to possibly try and trade for a Ralts.

... anyone surprised? XD

I am not surprise but it is totally possible. If I still had WiFi then I be glad to trade you one.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Helel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Maiden Miki wrote:Oh I know. Red is a beast now because his pokemon are in the 80s. Mines are around the fifties with my Tyhosion around 70 so there is going to be some major training. It just that the problem with this game like GS is that there is no good training places. You have any suggestions?

Though right now I am trying to capture the Legendary Birds. Articuno is being a pain since I have to navigate though Seafoam Island....

Well, I do a lot of training on the first exterior area of Mt Silver- you have pokemon there that are around level 50, and net around 1200exp apiece for the good ones. That or just outside of Mt. Silver, since they average about 900 exp. Otherwise, I recommend plowing through the elite four, since they get a huge level boost after beating blue as well. You can also challenge the gym leaders to get some impressive exp as well, since once you beat them, you just leave the dojo, call them up and fight them again. I leveled up an Arcanine a good 20 levels doing that in an hour or two against Claire.

Regardless, I haven't been doing much leveling more my main team, actually, cause I've been focusing on my pokedex for the last few days- I think I have a good 180 different types as of now. I could probably get another 20 more, easily, through the safari zone, and the bug catching contest, but for now, I'm just trying to raise the pokemon I have so far~
KonokoHasano wrote:I know that my first goal after obtaining the first badge will be to possibly try and trade for a Ralts.

... anyone surprised? XD
No surprise here. :P But I haven't found one yet, surprisingly, even though I kinda want one, since they're pretty good.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:33 pm

... anyone surprised? XD

If you want one, I could breed one for you. I have most of the pokedex filled out in pearl, and plenty of breeding stock there. It may even come with some nifty egg moves.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Aeris wrote:
Well, I do a lot of training on the first exterior area of Mt Silver- you have pokemon there that are around level 50, and net around 1200exp apiece for the good ones. That or just outside of Mt. Silver, since they average about 900 exp. Otherwise, I recommend plowing through the elite four, since they get a huge level boost after beating blue as well. You can also challenge the gym leaders to get some impressive exp as well, since once you beat them, you just leave the dojo, call them up and fight them again. I leveled up an Arcanine a good 20 levels doing that in an hour or two against Claire.

Regardless, I haven't been doing much leveling more my main team, actually, cause I've been focusing on my pokedex for the last few days- I think I have a good 180 different types as of now. I could probably get another 20 more, easily, through the safari zone, and the bug catching contest, but for now, I'm just trying to raise the pokemon I have so far~

Okay. I was thinking about training at Unknown Dungeon but the levels kind of disappointed me and it is hard to move in the dark. (Nobody on main team knows Flash haha) Still I try those places out. I do want to fight the Elite Four since I know they get a good boost but I don't think at the level my guys are at that we would make it though. haah
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, as a warning, the Elite Four themselves are around level 61- but Lance averages levels at 73. They're tough, but not impossible if you trump them correctly.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Aeris wrote:Well, as a warning, the Elite Four themselves are around level 61- but Lance averages levels at 73. They're tough, but not impossible if you trump them correctly.

So I heard. That why I am in a rush to challenge them right now.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 am

Can you trade between pearl/diamond and the new ones? I have either pearl or diamond, can't remember which. The only previous one I'd played was yellow, which I got quite far in, but don't think I got far at all into whatever new one I have.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 am

Maiden Miki wrote:I am not surprise but it is totally possible. If I still had WiFi then I be glad to trade you one.

You don't have WiFi any more?

Aeris wrote:No surprise here. :P But I haven't found one yet, surprisingly, even though I kinda want one, since they're pretty good.

Hard to find?

Shadowmaster wrote:If you want one, I could breed one for you. I have most of the pokedex filled out in pearl, and plenty of breeding stock there. It may even come with some nifty egg moves.

When I get around to beating the first gym, and then figuring this whole WiFi trading and stuff, I'll let you know. XD

Aeris wrote:Well, as a warning, the Elite Four themselves are around level 61- but Lance averages levels at 73. They're tough, but not impossible if you trump them correctly.

... dang o,O

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Can you trade between pearl/diamond and the new ones? I have either pearl or diamond, can't remember which. The only previous one I'd played was yellow, which I got quite far in, but don't think I got far at all into whatever new one I have.

Yeah, you can.

XD And Yellow was indeed fun.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 am

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Can you trade between pearl/diamond and the new ones? I have either pearl or diamond, can't remember which. The only previous one I'd played was yellow, which I got quite far in, but don't think I got far at all into whatever new one I have.

Yeah. Between HG/SS to DPP.

KonokoHasano wrote:You don't have WiFi any more?

Nintendo use to sell USB WiFi things along with a CD to install a program. Though I lost the program when I switch to a new computer and it seems like Nintendo discontinue creating patches/download programs. So no more WiFi at home for me. Either I pony up cash for WiFi at home or look for a place that will allow DS to get on WiFi. Sucks too since I had just made a new WiFi team that focus on Gravy when the computer went belly up. haha
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)