Super Sentai (Particularly Zyuranger)

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Super Sentai (Particularly Zyuranger)

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 am

Just recently I managed to catch the first episode of Zyuranger (The original, Japanese version of Power Rangers), and I have to say that I rather like it. It's strange when you think of just how much Zyuranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers differ from each other.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Super Sentai (Particularly Zyuranger)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun May 02, 2010 11:15 am

I honestly haven't seen it, as far as I recall. What are the main differences, that you noticed?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 am

Well let's see...

In the American version, 'Rita Repulsa' was imprisoned on the moon for 10,000 years. In the Japanese version, Bandora was imprisoned on the planet Nemesis for 170million years.

In the Japanese version, there were also two children on the space shuttle to Nemesis, who were on there as a kind of... something or other.

In the first episode of the Japanese version, she actually attacks Earth, bringing down her 'Evil Base' and sticking it on top of a skyscraper and starts actively causing destruction by blowing up buildings with her magic... she also rides a flying bike.

There are no Zordon, Alpha, or Command Center. There is only the Mysterious Wizard Barza, and immortal wizard who knew Bandora in the past.

The 'Rangers' are not common teenagers, but ancient warriors from 170million years ago who were sealed away for when they would be needed again. They are descendants of the 'dinosaur' tribes, as well as evolved from dinosaurs.

The Yellow Ranger is male

And just for the heck of it... this
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sun May 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Yay, someone else is getting into Sentai!

Though, I can't say I've watched Zyuranger yet. Didn't think anyone was subbing it.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun May 02, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't know which premise is worse. XD I'll have to find and watch the first episode, at least, just so I can say that I have seen it. That way whatever opinion I'll ultimately form will be based on some experience.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Ookalf wrote:Yay, someone else is getting into Sentai!

Though, I can't say I've watched Zyuranger yet. Didn't think anyone was subbing it.

TV Nihon, I think. I know I'll have to go back and see the other series as well. XD

Mitera Nikkou wrote:I don't know which premise is worse. XD I'll have to find and watch the first episode, at least, just so I can say that I have seen it. That way whatever opinion I'll ultimately form will be based on some experience.

The link I posted at the bottom of the first post has a link to episode one on youtube. XD
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sun May 02, 2010 8:26 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:TV Nihon, I think. I know I'll have to go back and see the other series as well. XD

Actually, TV-N's only done the first three eps, from what I understand. They're waiting for the DVDs to come out before doing the rest. Though, they are an exce;;ent source of other Sentai.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon May 03, 2010 5:41 am

It's surprised me that I've taken this long to look up the series. XD
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, better late than never, right?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Hm. Not sure if I want to try and watch this now that I'm heading back home...if the internet will be working. >.< Just got a call from home saying it wasn't working due to all of the flooding in Nashville...even though we live in the western part of the state (that did get a lot of rain, too, in places, but not back home...so, >.<)
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Ookalf wrote:Well, better late than never, right?

Definitely XD

Marky wrote:Hm. Not sure if I want to try and watch this now that I'm heading back home...if the internet will be working. >.< Just got a call from home saying it wasn't working due to all of the flooding in Nashville...even though we live in the western part of the state (that did get a lot of rain, too, in places, but not back home...so, >.<)

... wow, you really got a lot of rain over there then. o,O
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Mon May 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Yeah, Nashville got a half-year's worth of rain in...two days or so.

But, yeah, I watched the first part of the first episode all the way through and thought it was interesting. It's just, with the semester winding down, and finals upon us, I'm not ready to jump into anything.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)