What anime are you currently watching?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

What anime are you currently watching?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 am

As you'd expect, you mention an anime series that you're currently watching, airing now and being subbed or already out regardless of being subbed or licensed in your country. Someone might just be interested if they didn't know about it until they found out about it here. You don't have to give any details beyond the name, or comments, but that's fine, too.

Arakawa Under the Bridge: I stumbled upon this one, but I didn't look into it until more than a week later. I thought that it might have been more heavy on the romance side, but it's actually quite silly and palatable to my funny bone.

K-on! (second season): If you haven't watched this series, yet, then I insist that you do. Well, if you like cute girls in a light-hearted comedy about a music club. It's great for me 'cause I get the cuteness factor, the comedy, and no serious drama (so far) spoiling it.

Working!!: This one is the one that I find the funniest out of what I'm watching, right now. It's nothing all that special, as it's about a guy who decides to work at a restaurant because of a cute girl that works there. By cute, I mean that she's small and looks like she could be in middle or elementary school, when she is, in fact, the guy's sempai in high school. But the characters are amusing enough, which suits me just fine.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: This one's an honorable mention, since I finished watching this series not too long ago. It's pretty funny, and the premise is interesting enough. I could get into that, but I'm falling asleep and I'm sure that it won't be too hard to find out more with a search engine. XD
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: What anime are you currently watching?

Postby Amaya » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 am

Oy, if you're gonna write the names, do it right. :wink:
K-On! was the first season.
K-On!! is the second. Very original. :roll:

I've been told Kaichou wa Maid-sama is good, haven't had time to watch it though. Bloody school. =/
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Weeell...^^ I keep meaning to catch up on Durararararararararararara~. Haven't had time yet though. Does that count~?
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Haylie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

If it does, I'd say Kampfer.

I don't even know if they've made any more episodes since the Christmas special. *Shutter*
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

They haven't, I don't think they will, and I hope they don't. It's an anime series like that that makes others unlikely to make another sex-change-themed series. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS, TOO!? Y_Y
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm currently watching Here is Greenwood.
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:They haven't, I don't think they will, and I hope they don't. It's an anime series like that that makes others unlikely to make another sex-change-themed series. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS, TOO!? Y_Y

Well, there's a few well-hidden TG elements in Fable 2. If it makes you feel better.

You gotta be pretty dedicated, though. PM for details if you don't know, I guess.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Marky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Heh, well, I'm currently watching Bleach, and looking forward to the next episode now that they're FINALLY done with the fillers and have gone back to the Arrancar Saga.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 am

The last anime I watched that wasnt the big three was Axis Powers Hetalia...

<.<

>.>

Yeah....
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Out of boredom, I also started watching Mayoi Neko Overrun! Nothing particularly good to say about it... being a harem anime, and all. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Flannery » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Watched Disk 2 out of 3 of Trigun. One awesome series!
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Helel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Let's see, what series am I currently watching...

Off the top of my head, Durarararararararararararara, Angel Beats, Katanagatari, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, Hakuouki, Kaichou no Maid-sama, and Senkou no Night-raid.

And I'm working on finishing up Valkyria Chronicles, since I've been TRYING to finish that for months now.

But yeah, all of those series are pretty good so far in my opinion, with a wide range of genres, so I figure most anyone would be able to watch ONE of those.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 am

Coincidentally, considering that Aeris came before this post, I started to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion earlier. There's this fan-fic that I want to read, and for once I'd like to understand the NGE stuff that's in it. XD;;
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Sun May 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Coincidentally, considering that Aeris came before this post, I started to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion earlier. There's this fan-fic that I want to read, and for once I'd like to understand the NGE stuff that's in it. XD;;

Which fic is that? It's highly likely I've heard of it, if nothing else, through my brother. :o

but yes, NGE is awesomeness, especially the new incarnation, Rebuild of Eva :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun May 02, 2010 10:31 pm

It's "And If That Don't Work." I promised the author that I'd read it, so I am. *Nod-nods*

I've only watched ten episodes of NGE so far. It's so-so, so far. What is Rebuild? Is it the same story, just revised and with better/different animation?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)