Heavy Rain.

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Heavy Rain.

Postby Blaze » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:50 am

For those not in the know, Heavy Rain is a game coming out on the PS3 developed by Quantic Dream, the studio that made Indigo Prophecy, (or as we PAL people call it, Farenheit.)

Basically, the story revolves around the Origami Killer, a serial killer who kidnaps his victims. They turn up five days later next to rail lines with an orchid on their chest and a paper crane in their hands. There are four playable characters.

Ethan Moss: A man who was once happily married until one of his sons died. His marriage broke down soon afterwards and he is apparently plauged with visions of drowning bodies, (which is how the Origami Killer kills his victims.) His other son is taken by the killer and he goes after him as the killer tests him to see how far he will go to save his son.

Madison Paige: A woman whos son was killed by the Origami Killer. She vowed to kill the man who took her son.

Scott Shelby: A private detective hired by the families of the victims to hunt down the Origami Killer. He suffers from asthma which acts up when it rains. Which is constantly.

Norman Jayden: An FBI agent called in to help police catch the Origami Killer. Has access to ARI, a pair of sunglasses and a glove that turns him into a walking CSI lab. Seems to be hooked on some kind of drug.

The demo was released on the PSN a few days ago. If you're interested, I recommedn downloading it.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Heavy Rain.

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Even though I don't have a PS3 it still looks like an interesting game to try out. Its by the guys who made Indigo Prophecy, which I thought was a cool game.
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Let us know how the game turns out, Blaze.

I don't have a PS3, but I think I eventually will. Right now, the only exclusive game I'd want is MGS4, but I'd also really love to play Heavy Rain and The Last Guardian.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 am

I want to play this very badly
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blaze » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey folks, I just beat the game last night...

Holy wow. It was amazing. Seriously.

If you have a PS3, get it.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)