Celebrity deaths in 2010

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: Celebrity deaths in 2010

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Senator Robert Byrd, of West Virginia, age 92, has died.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Kris_Roth wrote:Former NBA Center Manute Bol, who played for the Washington Bullets, Philadelphia 76ers, Golden State Warriors, and Miami Heat, passed away at age 47, in the Sudan. The lithe 7 foot 7 giant Sudanese basketball player was best known for his 30 foot 3 pointers, and his humanitarian efforts in his native Sudan. While playing with the 76'ers, he played with Charles Barkley, and also coined the term "my bad" when he made a mistake on the court.

That was him? Wow. You learn something new everyday.

Still on the sports beat, New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, who comes to mind for his inability to get rid of Billy Martin during the 70s and 80s, died at 80 years of age.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:02 am

I also heard that the American voice actor for Gemna Saotome (Ranma's dad) died too.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:21 am

Jack Tatum, the former Ohio State defensive end and Oakland Raider who was involved in the Immaculate Reception against the Pittsburgh Steelers, died of Diabetes. He was responsible for ending the career of a New England Patriot wide receiver, who was paralyzed from the waist down, and has also died.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)