Alice in Wonderland

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Alice in Wonderland

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of movies, but I am a big fan of Wonderland! I'll read/watch anything that's based on it, and the wait is almost over for Tim Burton's movie! I even tried running a RP that was meant to culminate in a war for Wonderland between the armies of the Red and White Queen, with both sides electing a champion to fight for them, but that never really worked.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the trailer? I can't be the only fan, what with all those transforming foods and drinks :)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/aliceinwonderland/

Almost makes me want to resurrect my RP...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Alice in Wonderland

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:05 pm

I might watch it, if anyone plans to go to the movies. I don't really think that the movie will entertain me much, but Burton tends to direct movies that are more interesting than the usual lot I see, so... at least it's unlikely to be bad.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:10 pm

I want to have Tim Burton's claymation babies.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Haylie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Now THAT looks like fun.

I, too, was a fan of Wonderland. It's just been brushed under the proverbial rug for me.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 pm

I saw the previews for Wonderland and it stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and Anne Hathaway as the Red Queen. All your favorite characters from Louis Carroll's original books, Alice and Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass, will be in the movie.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 am

Sorry if I'm making sweeping generalisations here, but I've noticed you Americans make a far bigger deal out of who stars in a movie. It's always the first thing you mention, Kris, when you do this little mini-promo things. Would you go see a movie just because it has someone you like in, or a big star?
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Haylie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 pm

America thrives on celebrities. Gossip magazines would all be dead without them (which would be fine with me, bunch of damned wastes of paper and ink...)

An actor's career is literally based on what movies he starred in. One tanked movie, and s/he's basically through. Their reputation is gone.

Yeah, there actually are people out there that like movies just because, say, Johnny Depp's in it. Even if the movie otherwise blows.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 am

No, there were movie trailers during the Super Bowl and Wonderland and the Last Airbender movie trailers were shown. I saw Johnny Depp was going to be in the Wonderland movie as the Mad Hatter.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Might not have to wait that long for the DVD/Blu Ray release!

Like the white rabbit, Walt Disney Studios is in a hurry – to release Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland on Blu-ray, and has handed exhibitors a "Drink me" bottle that will shrink the theatrical run of the movie to a mere 13 weeks, when the current average theatrical-to-home-video window of a movie in the US is 16 weeks. Exhibitors, in turn, want a bigger slice of the box office cake during that compressed window. If the parties reach an agreement, the BD release date could be set for early June.

For the studio, an early home video release is beneficial because of the movie's family-friendly subject matter and well-known cast. Also it avoids having to compete for screens (especially 3-D ones) with other tentpole titles coming soon afterwards, such as Warner's Clash of the Titans.

Disney has similarly negotiated a shorter theatrical run in the UK. In Europe (and in most of the world), cinema attendance is expected to fall steeply in June, because of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Sam » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm actually not excited about the film at all since I'm still angry over Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate factory, which was terrible in my opinion compared to the book it was supposed to be based on and the original movie.
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)