Kampfer

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: Kampfer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 am

I sense that skulduggery is afoot!

Hint of plot, Bath house scene" Hint of plot....
And don't forget about the part where one or more of the girls pose as lesbians. ;p
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:41 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:I sense that skulduggery is afoot!

Hint of plot, Bath house scene" Hint of plot....
And don't forget about the part where one or more of the girls pose as lesbians. ;p
[

I am commenting while watching.

I am going to white font a theory don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled.

White Kampfers aren't a natural color, they occur when Sakura's other personality "tames" a Kampfer.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 pm

I don't know about your theory, but something is up with Sakura. Still to much fanservice, and the .... scence... I rather hope that's not in the Manga.
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 am

I signed up for the dominate and ravish me president club too early! I should have held out for Sakura!

I mean, that is to say I find the deep plot of this show to be almost as deep as the fan service cleava-

Erm, what I'm trying to say is I really love the way the bath water relected their-

Ack, looks like I'm hopeless. Turns out I was a braindead zombie slave for Sakura anways <<.

Just kidding.

I find this show just gets better and better - but at the same time gets worse and worse (...the fanservice ><). More and more it's convincing me that the show could have been zomg epic <3<3<3 if only it wasn't for all the fanservice. My rising interest in the plot is combating my distaste for the interest the fanservice is trying to arise in me.

I'll stick it out to the end, but yeah, this show just goes too far with the sex. Not that I'm a catholic abstinence holy bot from the 9th century, it's just that it contributes nothing and makes me frustrated at the waste of time. It's like fillers, but instead of occurring between arcs and being avoidable, they occur in several cup sizes jiggling between every scene and are unavoidable. Very unavoidable.

Oh well.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 am

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, Uber does not mean "sex" as in "hentai", and thus "taking it too far" does not mean that we're watching necrophilia or something. O.o;

There is molestation, though. Mindless molestation. I mean, really. As if all the jiggling and skin exposure wasn't enough. ;/

At this point, though, I wonder if there will only be 12/13 episodes. Although, I suppose it could last that long, seeing as how most of the content so far was irrelevant to any real plot development. Honestly.

I wonder when someone will do/use a sex-change plot line/plot device right. It's so rare. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoei » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:08 am

I rather think some of the enforced Fan service by the transformed is "doing it right" because of the Poetic Justice of the situation. Natsuru would be all over any of the other girls having to dress the way he was paraded around during the cultural fair.

Mind you I think its gone far over the top, but I think in theory the idea is sound and works well where the boy learns to be careful what he wished for.
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 am

Except he doesn't wish for it, and is usually a hapless victim being dragged into things. Basically, your typical nonsensical abuse of the protagonist found in the harem genre.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoei » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:15 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Except he doesn't wish for it, and is usually a hapless victim being dragged into things. Basically, your typical nonsensical abuse of the protagonist found in the harem genre.

While he's not Bishojo Research society level. I don't think he's not into that. While I would rather see something more blatantly "Otaku to fantasy" I think its implied there And he does seem to be developing a "Women aren't objects to be lusted after" after dealing with it.
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:37 am

I can't wrap my head around how you managed to see it that way. It doesn't seem like he considers women like objects at all, and he barely pays attention to any girls unless that girl happens to be Sakura. In which case, he shows the typical behavior of a boy who doesn't know how, or is too shy, to express his feelings directly. Although it didn't help when Sakura showed interest in his girl form, and soon after treated his male form as a rival for said girl form.

I'd think he'd be more disrespectful of girls if he thought of them as less than people, to any degree. He's not even a pervert who (purposefully) tries to peep on undressing/naked girls. I actually find him rather lame and boring, personality-wise. Along the same lines as Kyon (Haruhi) and Ryuji (Toradora).

I don't see the sense of attributing the intention of the anime as a reflection on the male protagonist's personality, when he doesn't exhibit it himself. It's just a typical unwanted harem type deal, and he's just some hapless idiot along for the ride.

On a somewhat related note: the typical expression on his face is depressing. I can't feel sorry for him. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoei » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:I can't wrap my head around how you managed to see it that way. It doesn't seem like he considers women like objects at all, and he barely pays attention to any girls unless that girl happens to be Sakura. In which case, he shows the typical behavior of a boy who doesn't know how, or is too shy, to express his feelings directly. Although it didn't help when Sakura showed interest in his girl form, and soon after treated his male form as a rival for said girl form.

I'd think he'd be more disrespectful of girls if he thought of them as less than people, to any degree. He's not even a pervert who (purposefully) tries to peep on undressing/naked girls. I actually find him rather lame and boring, personality-wise. Along the same lines as Kyon (Haruhi) and Ryuji (Toradora).

I didn't think he was particularly disrespectful just that he probably was "Maid cafes are cute" or "bikinis are awesome" until he had to deal with them. As I said I dont' think he's a hardcore pervert.
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:01 am

I still don't see how that's "doing it right." ^^; All it's doing (over and over, and not just in this series), ultimately, is putting him in embarrassing situations. It's expected, really. But I don't think it's "doing it right" when the reaction of the guy-turned-girl is always the same. It doesn't add up, to me, when it's male + turned into girl = must react this way to certain things regarding females. Basically, it'd be like having a monopoly and thus getting the same product.

On one hand, "doing it right" refers to a normal convention. You do it because it works. But this is human behavior, which, for all of its traditions, trends and stereotypes, still has variety aplenty. I'd like to see a guy shrug his shoulders and carry on like it's not a big deal, you know? Even though Takahashi didn't focus on any serious aspects of Ranma's sex-change, at least she had the mind to make him treat his female form, and react while in said female form, differently, depending on the circumstances, instead of it being the same under any circumstance.

I just can't see "typical" (well, it's stereotypical, really) as "doing it right." I don't think it gets lampooned enough, it's so bad.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:I still don't see how that's "doing it right." ^^; All it's doing (over and over, and not just in this series), ultimately, is putting him in embarrassing situations. It's expected, really. But I don't think it's "doing it right" when the reaction of the guy-turned-girl is always the same. It doesn't add up, to me, when it's male + turned into girl = must react this way to certain things regarding females. Basically, it'd be like having a monopoly and thus getting the same product.

On one hand, "doing it right" refers to a normal convention. You do it because it works. But this is human behavior, which, for all of its traditions, trends and stereotypes, still has variety aplenty. I'd like to see a guy shrug his shoulders and carry on like it's not a big deal, you know? Even though Takahashi didn't focus on any serious aspects of Ranma's sex-change, at least she had the mind to make him treat his female form, and react while in said female form, differently, depending on the circumstances, instead of it being the same under any circumstance.

I just can't see "typical" (well, it's stereotypical, really) as "doing it right." I don't think it gets lampooned enough, it's so bad.

So you'd have a plot which meant nothing?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Depends on what you mean. I'm sure the plot would have been fine if he had at least grew accustomed enough to not get embarrassed after a bit. I don't consider the fan-service and harem aspects as being required for the plot.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Depends on what you mean. I'm sure the plot would have been fine if he had at least grew accustomed enough to not get embarrassed after a bit. I don't consider the fan-service and harem aspects as being required for the plot.

But he's not embarassed about the being a girl part but rather the random stuff he's put through
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am

*Facepalms*

Sometimes I wish I could read people's minds, so I can figure out how they manage to see things in certain ways.

I'm not even going to bother with this one. Nope. Not biting.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)