Where the Wild Things Are

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Where the Wild Things Are

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm

There is a new movie out, based on the popular children's book, "Where the Wild things Are." The main character is a 9 year old boy named Max, who is having trouble at home with his parents and sister. One night, he dons a wolf costume, and starts to act up to get attention especially in front of his mother and a prospective new step-father. He then yells at his mother "Feed Me, Woman!" and gets sent to his room without supper as punishment. The young boy, feeling abandoned by his human family, runs off into the woods in his wolf suit, and comes across a group of creatures who have many humanesque personalities. He befriends these creatures, both male and female, and they make Max king. He seems to feel more comfortable with these creatures as the story goes along. He even gets the creatures to participate in a fun romping game of war, and the creatures show Max what they enjoy to do for fun, ie tear up trees, snuggle at night in a big fur pile, etc.

Of course, the book and the movie differ as to how Max ends up in the woods in a wolf costume, but the main themes are abandonment by the human family, and finding acceptance with the new family, the creatures are dubbed the Wild Things.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Where the Wild Things Are

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Just noticed this now. Man, where's my childhood been going recently? What's next---a movie that answers the question of what one does with a kangaroo that won't leave the house?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm

You make it a cup of joe and tell them they just became a cannibal after drinking it. That ought to scare it away.

On a serious note, I barely remember the story. I guess I'll have to wait for when it plays on the telly.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:37 pm

I remember that book dear god...I hope they managed to NOT butcher it for a movie...
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:24 am

Which one, the kangaroo book?

"Get out of my theater, you kangaroo!"
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)