Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox360

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox360

Postby Neige » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Alright I'm back for 3 days and I'm ranting about a game, probably just what some of you expected. I got the game yesterday and played for a while with my brother and we had a blast so I wanted to rant, but no one is on aim.

Earth Defense Force 2017 is a "mindless" shooter that you fight hordes of enemies. Not soldiers or monsters, huge 3 story tall ants and spiders, 20 story robots with various guns, MASSIVE AT-AT like robots that fire lasers and drop starfighters. I mean HORDES of these things at a time in a large destructible city. All dropped off by massive space ships from aliens. And to top it off it's split-screen co-op (No xbxlive) making the fighting amazingly fun. You get what seems like over 200 guns to pick from (2 per character in mission) assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, rockets, missiles, acid guns, flame throwers, turrets, etc etc giving you all sorts of ways to murder tons of monsters/aliens.

So just to clarify, aliens are dropping off giant bugs/robots/starfighters/godzilla monsters to fight earth and you a tiny person (and a few other NPCs and maybe one other player) have to fight off hordes of monsters several times you with guns, rockets, missiles, mechs tanks, helicopters.

Possibly the best scene that comes to mind was I was sniping from a big distance and from over the horizon of buildings, I see explosions and a building or two dropping with ants FLYING over my head several blocks away.

To top it off I got this game used for 15 bucks used, it's awesome, simply awesome.

Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8vEPNr-myw
Neige
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox360

Postby Stray-chan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm

I've played this game before it is totally ridiculous, and quite fun, though it can get kinda repetitive in the long run. Cheap though, and fun with lots of people.
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Re: Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox360

Postby Neige » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:51 am

Stray-chan wrote:I've played this game before it is totally ridiculous, and quite fun, though it can get kinda repetitive in the long run. Cheap though, and fun with lots of people.

That's the game's strong point, totally ridiculous and amazingly fun with a friend. I'm not sure the game would be as fun single player as it was multiplayer.

It's only weakness is the lack of Xboxlive support.
Neige
MSFer
MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)