Zombieland

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Zombieland

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:06 pm

A new movie is out now, called Zombieland. It stars Woody Harrelson as a Zombie hunter, in a world where Zombies terrorize the populace. The main protagonist finds a few non Zombies (humans) including a brother and sister and rescues them, along with the siblings little sister, from zombies. Wackiness ensues as our hero helps the kids survive the legions of zombies at the store, and driving around to look for survivors.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Zombieland

Postby muffinstud » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm

As someone who's seen most if not all of the zombie movies out there, and owns the Zombie Survival Guide, I can't just let this movie alone.
Come on, I even keep a machete above my computer. You know, just in case.

It's fun and violent, just what a funny zombie movie should be. Not as gory as Saun of the Dead, but it has more "Ooooh" moments with zombies just getting pulverized in fun and interesting ways. There's even a scene where the heroes are smashing up stuff that seems reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead, when they're playing and shooting up the mall. It's all very funny, especially if you've had prior exposure to the Guide. The whole show has a fun energy and vibe to it, and it contrasts nicely with the serious parts, helping them have that much more weight when they happen.

If you like a little violence and a good laugh, this is your show.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Helel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 pm

muffinstud wrote:As someone who's seen most if not all of the zombie movies out there, and owns the Zombie Survival Guide, I can't just let this movie alone.
Come on, I even keep a machete above my computer. You know, just in case.

It's fun and violent, just what a funny zombie movie should be. Not as gory as Saun of the Dead, but it has more "Ooooh" moments with zombies just getting pulverized in fun and interesting ways. There's even a scene where the heroes are smashing up stuff that seems reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead, when they're playing and shooting up the mall. It's all very funny, especially if you've had prior exposure to the Guide. The whole show has a fun energy and vibe to it, and it contrasts nicely with the serious parts, helping them have that much more weight when they happen.

If you like a little violence and a good laugh, this is your show.

I mostly second this, despite not having watched many zombie flicks. It was amusing, but had action, and overall had a good story to follow. The 'Rules' that are brought up throughout the movie were a nice added touch that were relevant and played up for the moment.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm

They even have a "Zombie Kill of the Week" thing where our main hero (Woody Harrleson) does a headshot with a shotgun on a zombie after ringing a service bell at a store. Then he asks the kids if that would win him the Zombie kill of the week...only to find out some older lady gets the win by dropping a church organ on a zombie before seeking sanctuary in her church.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)