List of TG manga, anime and webcomics

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

List of TG manga, anime and webcomics

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:28 pm

I don't recall if such a list was put together in the past (so long as I've been around, at least). If not, I'd be surprised. I don't see one right now, either way, so... Since one of MSF's main themes is sex-change and, as a community, sharing it, I figure it's about time to do it somewhat comprehensively. Or something.

Qualifiers:
1: The body physically changing, or the mind swapping, to that of the opposite sex.
2: The change needs to be the focus of the story, or significant enough in the plot.
3: Needs to be available in English, to some extent or another, for reader/watcher consumption.
4: No hentai/smut.

So, consider those qualifications, and help to make this list bigger. Or bring up a reason why something shouldn't be on the list.

Or just chat, share your opinions, and/or ask questions about a series on the list, including where they can be found. And stuff.

Manga

1/2 Prince
Akane-chan Overdrive
Alice on Deadlines
Asuka Hybrid
Birdy the Mighty (Tetsuwan Birdy)
Bishoujo Mahou Senshi Catling
Boku to Kanojo no XXX
Boku wa, Onnanoko (He said, "I'm a girl.")
Boukun Tyrano-san
Chocolate Orange
Futaba-kun Change!
Gacha Gacha: Secret
Gestalt
Ichinensei ni Nacchattara
Jinzou Shoujo
Jun'ai Sensation
Kämpfer
Kashimashi
Kasumi Otoko no Ko
Mahou Shounen Majorian
Mother's Day (Haha ga Kita Hi)
No Side
Okitsune-sama de Chu
Otome no Iroha!
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (Otoboku)
Ranma 1/2
Return
Seijou Kouchakan no Jijou
Sekainohate de Aimashou
Strange Mansion
Tokage
Tomodachi Kara Yoroshiku Desu
Tsukiyo no Fromage
Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan
Woman in the Man

Anime

Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Gokudo-kun Manyuki
Happiness OVA: The wonderous day of Jun Watarase
Kämpfer
Kashimashi
Ranma 1/2
Space Pirate Mito + Aoi & Mutsuki: A Pair of Queens
To Love-Ru OVA: Rito becomes a woman
Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan

Webcomics

El Goonish Shive
I Dream of a Jeannie Bottle
Mahou Oh No!
Misfile
New World
Sailor Ranko
Sailor Sun
Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki
Spiderwebs
The Wotch
The Wotch: Cheer!
Last edited by Mitera Nikkou on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: List of TG manga and anime

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

There are probably a couple of obvious ones that aren't on the initial list, but I may have left them out due to some technicality or another. Although there was one or two that I didn't list myself due to not being familiar enough with it to know if I should or not (Simoun, for example). Examples of the series that I didn't list, for technical reasons, were Maze and Tenshi na Konamaiki. Moreso with Maze since, unlike with Tetsuwan Birdy, the personalities and bodies are separate (which just equates to two different people occupying the same space at different times). As for Tenshi na Konamaiki... I'm not as familiar with it as I should be, but I've read/watched enough to get the general idea of what happened. But, in the end, I don't know whether to consider what happened a sex-change or not. If you think it should be added to the list, with or without Maze as well, make your case. I don't want to be too picky, but I prefer to keep things sensible, and true, so no one checks out something on the list and thinks, "they say it's a sex-change series, but it's not in actuality..." Kind of like how a lot of places put transgender and crossdressing (usually including transvestitism) together under the same search criteria, and you're left to sift around to find out which one is which (because there is a difference!). I just simply don't want that, here, you know?

As a side note, I'm hoping more female-to-male series will be added, since that's not exactly my area of interest. XD I do know a few, aside from the couple that I did list, but I never read/watched them, and I feel that I shouldn't try to add anything I have no experience with, beyond a synopsis. People who have more experience than that can verify them for sure, is what I'm getting at. It only makes sense. *Nods sagely*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Not that anyone has shown any interest in this list, but I'm bored, so... I added Kämpfer to the anime section, now that it's airing and being subbed. Funny thing is that it was a complete coincidence that I found out on the very day it happened, today. (Well, I'm not sure if it was today, exactly (what with the timezone differences), but definitely within the time that makes up one day.) Ah, fate.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Skyblue » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:29 am

You're Missing 1/2 prince. For SHAME!!!
All swords have a spirit, a True swordsman knows this is the first step to true mastery.
Character Page: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14864
Skyblue
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:57 am

That's one I didn't list because of a technicality: that being how she doesn't actually change, herself. But, if people think it counts, I'll add it. (Not that anyone has taken an interest in this list. ;/)

There's this one female-to-male manga that I'd like to add, but I'm not familiar enough with it. Case in point: I forgot its name. XD
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Skyblue » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 am

well I've taken enough of an interest to post! is that good enough?
All swords have a spirit, a True swordsman knows this is the first step to true mastery.
Character Page: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14864
Skyblue
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:28 am

I suppose it can't hurt if there's no one to care about it.

Still interested in the female-to-male manga that I mentioned before. I can't remember exactly what it was about. I think the girl wanted to become more mature, but whatever she took changed her into a man, instead. I just don't feel like digging for the title by looking through hundreds of summaries. XD EDIT: I got unlazy and got the name: CuteXGuy.

Also, I'm hoping someone can confirm the manga Tokage. I've never gotten manga from IRC, I haven't been able to find another means of getting a hold of the scanlations, and I'm wary of doing so with something I'm unfamiliar with. (Sure, I've used IRC, but not for downloading manga.)
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:11 pm

NEkkID! for shame...tenshi no konomaki is a genderbender...the young man is forced into a girls body by a wry wish from a demon in a magic book and yeah...hilarity ensues if you are into RomCom stuff.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:37 pm

I didn't forget about it. I mentioned it in my second post. ;p It's just one of the series I found a technical problem with since, if I remember correctly, it's a girl whose mind is changed to think that she had been a boy, with a boy's body. You could do that easily enough with hypnosis/brainwashing, in fiction: it's the equivalent to a magician's trick in comparison to real magic. What about mind swaps, then, right; since the body doesn't change? True, but the minds, and thus the people, pre-existed the change, rather than being made from scratch. Things made from scratch are new, not made to fit a new mold from something old.

I suppose I could just be anal over the details, in being too specific. But, again, I suppose it won't hurt to add it if people want it included on the list.

But, to address another thing you mentioned: it's not a "genderbender" list. It's far too broad, and has a lot of subcategories that some people wouldn't want to dig through to find what really interests them. That's why I'd wish searches would separate crossdressing, and disguise, and sex-change; and from sex-change, one that shows it's the real life type, with hormones and operations and such, and the other the unrealistic stuff, what this list is here to address.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Drat. Caught with an umbrella term...

What I meant was this person was male beyond male...and by demon magic forced to have a girls body. i don't know about you but I believe it counts...i guess its just cause I am not so anal about details.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm

But that's not what happened in reality, right? So, how can something that didn't happen count? I'm pretty sure "his" body didn't change from male to female, and that whatever was responsible for the change didn't change the whole of reality so everyone that knew "him" thought that "he" had always been a girl. Rather, everyone thought "he" had been a girl because "he" really had been a girl, from the start.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been years since I've read and watched anything from it, and I don't trust my memory much when it comes to that length of time.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:56 pm

he was actually changed...Let me find a link to the first episode...If i can find one.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm pretty sure what really happened is shown in a later episode, around the time when they find the book. The first episode shows us what we are supposed to think happened (at the time), if I remember correctly.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:29 pm

I dunno...i am not the expert on the series either...
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 pm

*Facepalms*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)