Inglorious Basterds

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Inglorious Basterds

Postby Sam » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Shame on you people for not putting this up sooner! Out of all the films I was exited for this summer, Inglorious Basterds was on the top of my list. But before I rave on like the Tarantino fanboy I am, what do you think of this film?
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: Inglorious Basterds

Postby Helel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I need to go see it still, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:22 pm

From what I have heard about this movie, these resistance fighters, led by Brad Pitt, hatch a plot to eventually kill Hitler....Hmmmm..."Valkyrie" was based on historical facts. So, this is more of a Fantasy dream plot: kill as many Nazis and SS guys as you can til you get to the main boss? Sounds like this is something you see in a video game. "Call of duty" springs to mind.

The plot to kill Hitler by 1942-43 was dubbed "Operation: Valkyrie" and well, they planted a bomb under Der Furher's oak desk. That oak desk kept the bomb from doing massive damage, and all the conspirators were rounded up and either killed, sent to concentration camps....
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Sam » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:33 pm

Well actually Brad Pitt's plot-line is minor compared to other plot lines going on in the film. The real story is mainly focussing on a young jewish woman getting revenge on the nazis. The only real reason why his role is mentioned the most is only because he gets top billing.
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)