Phantasy Star Universe question

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Phantasy Star Universe question

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm

I was wondering if it's possible to play single-player mode, offline, like you can in Phantasy Star Online (without being restricted to playing what-his-name-is). I'd rather not buy the game to find out that it's restricted to online multi-player, since I can neither afford the monthly payments nor have the social skills/friends to do it.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Phantasy Star Universe question

Postby Ell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 am

Yes.

Well... sorta. Vanilla PSU, at least, "offline mode" is pretty much just grinding time trial missions ad nauseum with a severe shortage of phat loot. The "Ambition of the Illuminus" version supposedly has a less sucky offline, but I never bothered with it myself.

Personally, I'd say skip it if you're looking for another PSO, but... eh, opinions and grains of salt and such.
"If the wheels of the universe are in true, then good always compensates for evil - but good can be awful as well."
Ell
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Phantasy Star Universe question

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm

If only PSO had a better character creation thingy. (I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. XD)

One final question. Let's say I do play online. I can still play by myself? And will the enemies reflect that it's a one-person "team", or will I run into a lot more enemies than usual because it assumes I'm not alone?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)