Memorable characters

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Memorable characters

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:59 pm

If you play enough games, and for a long enough time, you may find yourself thinking about characters that left a good enough impression to remember before other characters from the same game, or even other games. It could be because their appearance is so enthralling, their abilities are so useful, their personality is so entertaining/interesting/reflective of yourself, or any combination of the things that I just mentioned.

What brought this on was due to a character that I encountered in Luminous Arc, who caught my attention on all three fronts. First, Mel's appearance. To think that I'd encounter another cute girl that wore a mushroom cap, like Spar (Breath of Fire 2). As for abilities, she's certainly not the strongest or most effective magic user, and she's pretty slow-acting, but she's decent as an attacker and having a healer (in this game) is certainly useful. But what really got me was her character... She's a bit childish, and all into wanting to be a superhero. The darndest thing, though, is her use of old expressions: such as "palooka", "23 skiddoo", and "bee's knees." I was all like, "that's odd." And then, "can this be moe?" XD;;

So, Mel FTW! :D
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Memorable characters

Postby Gee-chan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Hmmm....I have many characters I found memorable but I must say my favourite has to be Vivi from FF9, just because of that brilliant scene on the airship. It still makes me sad to see that and I must have seen it over a dozen times.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm

There's a few I remember, but I can say the one I'll remember for a while to come is Moira Brown from Fallout 3. Just her quirky nature and optimistic personality in a post-apocolyptic world where people die on a regular basis and survival is not guaranteed is just awesome to me.

"Those poor wittle Mole Ratties!"
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, I gotta say that quite a few characters from Nippon Ichi games are quite memorable.

Disgaea: Laharl, as well as CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH!
Disgaea 2: Yukimaru zam.
Phantom Brave: Marona, as well as Cauldron who is a shark-man in a Hawaiian shirt.

Also, Dr. Lobot from Psychonauts, a mad dentist who steals brains with sneezing powder. When he is introduced, this exchange takes place.

Dr. Loboto: Young man, I am afriad you have a very serious medical problem. It originates in this area here, the area we in the profession like to refer to as... THE BRAIN. You see son, it's just no good! I do hate to be so blunt but you... have the insanity... OF A MANATEE!
Dogen: I know. People are always saying that. What do you thin's wrong with my brain doctor?
Dr. Loboto: How should I know, I'm a dentist! But here's what I do know. When a tooth is bad, you pull it!
Dogen: But my teeth are fine.
Dr. Loboto: Yup! That brain's gotta come out out boy! It's the quickest way to cure what you've got. INSANITY OF THE MIND!
Dogen: But I don't wanna...
Dr. Loboto: Shushshushshushshushie! Now hold still. This will only hurt until your brains come flying out!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Several, in my case: Prometheus, from the Megaman ZX series (but primarily Advent); Fairy Leviathan from the previous Zero series, and... ... I can't think of anything else right now. My head's starting to hurt.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)