Ponyo

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Ponyo

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 am

There is a new movie opening up this Friday, from Disney, called Ponyo. It's about this fish princess named Ponyo, who secretly wishes to be human,and she saves her sisters and her kingdom from evil with her powers over water. She does transform into a human girl in the movie. The voice cast includes Miley Cyrus as Ponyo, and one of the Jonas brothers as Sosuke, the human boy who befriends the fish princess.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Ponyo

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 am

So it's the teenybopper's version of the little mermaid?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Thank goodness it's not. Disney is only the distributor here in the states. It's really a Miyazaki film, with Studio Ghibli making the animation look really pretty. It does look a lot more kid-friendly than some of his other work, but still looks like a good time.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Good to know. I'm afraid of the voice actors. They're trying to kill my grandma!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm

^^ The premise doesn't really suck me in for this one, but Miyazaki rarely disappointing.~
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the Disney label is a turn off. ^^"
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)