Lucky star: will the third time be the charm?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Lucky star: will the third time be the charm?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Right, so... I avoided this series because it was trendy and otherwise seemed unappealing to my tastes. Then I got bored and decided to watch one episode, figuring that it couldn't hurt, in either watching it or the possibility of being wrong about it. I couldn't finish watching the first episode, it bored me to death so. A month or two later I was bored again, and thought about giving it a second chance. I mean, it wasn't even a complete episode... So I finished the first episode, and watched the second. I felt like I wasted more time of my life than I actually had, for, somehow, it was so much worse than my boredom. All either episode contained was a bunch of inane dialogue about nothing particularly funny. Which might work for me in other cases, because they happen in small doses and out of the blue, but it was pretty much defining the series for me at that point. It was so dull I had a hard time believing that other people liked the series.

It's been another month or two, now. I'm bored. And, again, I figure that the first two episodes surely couldn't define the whole series... And, maybe, the series was just unfortunate and happened to have the opposite of a hook at the start, that needed to be braved through. But I'm no longer willing to waste time, and the insanity of my mind, to find out, so... Tell me... Does this continue? Do they lay off the meaningless dialogue and actually say or do something funny? Do they actually start doing anything particularly cute? Heck, does it improve in any way at all? X_X
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Lucky star: will the third time be the charm?

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:45 am

As far as I know Lucky Star is based on a 4-koma manga. Which means that silly dialogue sketches are gonna be most of the contents. Seeing as how you didn't find the first episode funny, I highly doubt you'll find the rest of it any more amusing.

I rather liked it myself, but you can't argue about taste.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:56 am

Well, if it really was silly dialogue, I would have liked it. ;p Or, maybe I just don't find them silly because what they talk about, and how they talk about it, isn't unusual enough to someone like me. I much prefer Azumanga Daioh's use of it (which I just found out was also based on a yonkoma manga, since I had a suspicion about it and looked it up).

Oh, well. At least I don't have to think about it, anymore. Now to find my next distraction... <_<;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jacqueline » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm

As you might expect, every 4-koma is different. If you like silly... maybe Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? It's a little dark-y in tone, but it's lavished with dry (or is that 'wry?') humour.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)