New Torchwood

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

New Torchwood

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Well, there is a new season of Torchwood happening this week here in the mother country, and having just seen the first ep I can only say one thing.......children are creepy.....Plus I think it will probably take several death cycles for Jack to recover from what happened at the end.

Anyone else been watching? (or will be either on the repeat or when it reaches you)
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: New Torchwood

Postby Nosnits » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:35 pm

Well, I like Doctor Who more then Torchwood, but I'm defenetly watching the new season if it.....if it ever comes on. We have, what seems to be, a seven year delay from when it airs in England to here...I might just watch it on the internet...
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:03 am

Damn, that long? I was under the assumption it was a few days at the most. Don't the BBC have an american branch? I'm sure I heard of one....

Well, yeah, I prefer Doctor Who as well, but for the new series of that we have to wait till spring 2010. New Doctor and new assistant abound, both of them seem to be a lot younger than the others (the new Doctor only looks around 20 at the most...)

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Nosnits » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am

Okay, maybe not seven years, but more like seven months until we get it on our channel....

Well, there are the four specials that are comming on, so they can tide me over until it starts again. I'm willing to give the new doctor a chance, because I was skeptical of Tennent at first, but I turned out to really like him.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Well, episode 2 just aired, ending with some typical Jack; nude save a layer of concrete dust. Honestly, that man cannot be killed by anything (although, I am wondering on the possibility of total obliteration).

We are coming

We are coming

We are coming

We are coming tomorrow

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Zoei » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm

since its now being shown on BBC America I wanted to comment on this. This series has the problem I sometimes see in comics "why can't they just call superman". A much weaker hero fights a much weaker villain who threatens the earth and superman could just come in fix the problem without a sweat.

In this case, since there ARE phones that can call the Doctor... why didn't they?

(also I was thinking the whole time of someone wearing a T-shirt saying "Don't blame me I voted for the Master")
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby dervivaire » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 am

I remember gits telling me about the children thing in person. Still don't know what he meant because I never actually watch it :( Mostly because I never remember when it's on and I'm probably doing something else at the time. Also, I'm kinda excited about the prospect of a new Doctor, although Pertwee was my favourite so I'm not too worried about Tennant going. I felt a bit worried at first about how he'd turn out though, but he was funny so that's good XD
Diamonds may fall at eventide
But we’re still waiting for
Their light to shine
Diamonds fall at Eventide
But we still watch for
Celestial brides
dervivaire
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)