Celebrity Deaths in 2009

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: Celebrity Deaths in 2009

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Another professional wrestler has passed away. You may remember Umaga, the Samoan Bulldozer, with his facial tatoo paint and his devestating Samoan Spike finishing move. I just saw an article about Umaga. He is part of the family that included the Wild Samoans, Afa and Sika, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. His real name was Eddie Fatu.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Damn, yeah...he was only 36, too. Think he died of a heart attack or something like that, I believe? Not sure. Don't think the exact cause of death is known, yet.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 am

Yes, "Umaga" aka Eddie Fatu, was released from WWE due to violating the WWE's Wellness policy this year. He was only 36 and he had a heart attack. Eddie Fatu is a cousin of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson" and is related to Afa and Sika of the Wild Samoans, and I think he is related to Rikishi. He was Jamal of Three Minute Warning, along with Rosey, who also was released from WWE for violating the wellness policy.

I remember Yokozuna died a while back, and he is relation to Rikishi and Umaga. Man, I can give you a list of all the Wrestlers and other people involved with professional wrestling. Chris Benoit killed himself after killing his wife and son in a steroid induced rage.
Other notable wrestlers who died in the past: Big Boss Man aka Ray Traylor, Owen Hart, Sherri Martel, Ravishing Rick Rude, Andre the Giant, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, Earthquake (John Tenta), and Fabulous Moolah, and many of the von Erich family members. Lacey von Erich is over at Total Nonstop Action (TNA) and hangs out with the Beautiful People.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, age 26, died this morning as a result of injuries sustained in after falling out of a truck reportedly driven by his fiancee. He had a domestic dispute with his financee.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/i ... toViewer=1

Here are thge current list of celebrities in 2009 we will say good bye to:

Farrah Fawcett
Billy Mays
Michael Jackson
Bea Arthur (Dorothy on Golden Girls)
David Carradine (Bill from Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2, star of Kung Fu)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver (Maria Shriver's mother, JFK's sister)
Senator Edward Kennedy
Captain Lou Albano
Eddie Fatu aka Umaga (WWE Superstar)
Dom DeLuise (actor, Smokey and the bandit 2, Cannonball Run, Spaceballs) - his son is on Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place" as the dad
Ricardo Montalban - Played Mr. Roarke on TV's Fantasy Island, and KHAN (the principal alien villain) on Star Trek II, Wrath of KHAN.
Les Paul - guitar maker
Natasha Richardson - wife of Liam Neeson
Patrick Swayze (Ghost, Dirty Dancing)
Walter Cronkite
Steve McNair -NFL Quarterback (Tennessee Titans)
Ken Ober - former host of "Remote Control" game show
Jett Travolta -John Travolta's son
Ed McMahon - Johnny Carson's sidekick on the Tonight Show
Adam Goldstein aka DJ AM
Mary Travers (from Peter, Paul, and Mary)
John Hughes - writer and director of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Weird Science, Uncle Buck
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Oral Roberts, a famous televangelist, and founder of Oral Roberts University, has passed away. Just to add one more person to the list. Rest in Peace...
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 am

Brittany Murphy, star of such movies as "Clueless", and "Uptown Girl" has died at the age of 32, from an apparent cardiac arrest (translation, abuse of prescription drugs). There had been speculation Brittany Murphy had an eating disorder, as she looked really thin in a last interview she did for a movie she was planning to be in.

That proves to show you to say no to drugs and alchohol. I'm 34 and I have abstained from drugs and alchohol since my high school days, as I promised my dad and God I would abstain from drugs and alchohol.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Kris_Roth wrote:That proves to show you to say no to drugs and alcohol. I'm 34 and I have abstained from drugs and alcohol since my high school days, as I promised my dad and God I would abstain from drugs and alcohol.

*Praise*
THANK you. Thank you very, very much, Kris_Roth. You are my new favorite person. Substance abuse is NOT the way to go to forget your problems. It only creates more.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Queen Octavia » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:29 pm

But - but - but ... my rum&eggnog is so gnummy!
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks, Haylie. I thank God every day that He has protected me from the dangers of alchohol and drugs. As Mr. Mackey from South Park says, "Drugs are bad, mmmkay.."

I also know Brittany Murphy also voiced Luann Platter from the cartoon King of the Hill. Luann is Peggy and Hank's niece, Bobby's cousin. She ended up marrying Lucky.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Casey Johnson, the heiress to the Johnson and Johnson company, has died of drug-related problems. Apparently, Tila Tequila was engaged to her. (EWWW). What's up with these young celebrities and drugs, anyway?

Let's see, the creator of the Pez dispenser, the last survivor of the Titanic disaster, and former pro Wrestler "Dr. Death" Steve Williams died all at the end of 2009.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Xia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 pm

UberLurker wrote:But - but - but ... my rum&eggnog is so gnummy!

but do you abuse your eggnog~? :o
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Xia wrote:
UberLurker wrote:But - but - but ... my rum&eggnog is so gnummy!

but do you abuse your eggnog~? :o

Only once - and when I did I started laying eggs.

x_X never again....
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Previous

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)