My World, My Way

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

My World, My Way

Postby Rowan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:48 am

I've been playing this nintendo DS game lately called My World, My Way.

In it, you play Elise, a Selfish Princess out to get a handsome, hunky, adventurer boyfriend.

He rejects you because you aren't an adventurer, so you leave the castle and set out to become one and win his love and respect.

I realllllly don't wanna spoil anything. And a lot of the best things are little spoilers that would lose their impact if you read about them ahead of time. But your "Super Power" is Pouting. You can pout to do lots of things. Change the terrain, open locked chests, makes monsters stronger or weaker, etc.

Its a very fun game and it puts a fresh spin on an old style of game. Not that it isn't repetitive at times. You get a lot of quests like, collect X fruit, kill y of monster z. But you can always Pout your way to quest completion!
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: My World, My Way

Postby Stray-chan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 am

When I heard about this game, I could hardly believe it. It looks so cool, I really need to get it. I love Atlus...

There aren't enough games in the world where you get to play prissy princesses. Which is a damn shame.
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby Just some lady » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:59 pm

XD. This sounds cuuute~
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Ookalf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Yeah, I remember reading a review for this Nintendo Power. Seemed pretty interesting.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Rowan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Its VERY Cute! =^____^= I think its a lot of fun~ But your mileage may vary hehehe!
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stray-chan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:04 am

So I bought the game today, and it was only $21 new, which surprised me. I go home all eager to play it and cannot for the life of me find my DS charge cable! So now I can't play until I either find it, or shell out for a new one...
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby Just some lady » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Awwwwww....

*Patpatpats the poor Lost~*
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Rowan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:32 pm

:cry:
Poor Lost!
*Snuggggles!*

Let me dish out some freeee advice while you look for your Cable~!

1) The stat boosts from eating meals are PERMANENT! So eat your veggies!

2) "I hate being poor!" is a good Pout Effect to keep up. Extra Money is always nice! Especially since you'll need money for not only Equipment and Restoratives but for Meals at the Inn!

3) Some treasure chests and Key Guardians have random drops. So, you can Save Scum to get better items or the key you need.

*SPOILERS!*

4) When Pinky joins your party, he's REALLLLLLY Weak! He gets stronger by mimicing parts from defeated enemies. You can artificially boost his strength by using "These Monsters Stink!" to make the enemies 10 levels higher. Then save the game and reload til you can copy the part you need from the enemy you want.

5) Pinky learns new spells by copying the heads of monsters that know the spells! He doesn't permanately learn SPECIAL ATTACKS, but MAGIC he retains!

6) Elise learns magic by having it used on her enough times before she levels up! So sometimes you need to take a pounding from a Boss Creature to be sure to learn their powerful magic!

Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)