Stunts and Exalted Observations

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Stunts and Exalted Observations

Postby Zoei » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Haruhelel wrote:Depends on the ST and players, but that's a discussion for another thread.

I'll get around to making it after my awesome presentation. /sarcasm

By Raw anytime you describe an action and put a detail that includes the enviroment you get 2 dice.
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Stunts and Exalted

Postby Helel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Zyonko wrote:
Haruhelel wrote:Depends on the ST and players, but that's a discussion for another thread.

I'll get around to making it after my awesome presentation. /sarcasm

By Raw anytime you describe an action and put a detail that includes the enviroment you get 2 dice.

Of course. But the main issue that many of my players are contending with right now is that they're not familiar with the system. From my experience, players are usually more intent on making sure they're doing things 'right' before doing some awesome stunting in combat.

Out of combat... well, that could use some work, but I don't think many of the characters are interested in doing anything extra for basic checks on their surroundings.

Actually, right now, I'd rather the players just announce what they're even rolling for before they do it, since it's online and I can't wave them down and say "Whoa, hold on, what're you doing now?"

But that comes from me having mostly experience over the table top rather than online Exalted playing.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Re: Stunts and Exalted Observations

Postby Zoei » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 pm

I would think it would be even easier to get people to stunt online vs Table top, I mean most freeforming requires basic 2 level stunting.
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Helel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Zyonko wrote:I would think it would be even easier to get people to stunt online vs Table top, I mean most freeforming requires basic 2 level stunting.

For combat, certainly, but I don't get the impression from most people that they have that mindset for non combat related things.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Alexis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:44 pm

wow you guys are wierd, the St for my solar/lunar game was yelling at us for trying to 2 die stunt awareness challenges..
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in the Unconquered Sun who believes in you"
Alexis
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Helel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Alexis wrote:wow you guys are wierd, the St for my solar/lunar game was yelling at us for trying to 2 die stunt awareness challenges..

Yeah, but how long have those players and ST been playing? XD
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Alexis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Haruhelel wrote:
Alexis wrote:wow you guys are wierd, the St for my solar/lunar game was yelling at us for trying to 2 die stunt awareness challenges..

Yeah, but how long have those players and ST been playing? XD

Yeah but I am presuming that people who are used to doing Freeform, would know to do stuff like "I tear off a piece of the man's shirt to wrap around his wounds" to get 2 a die stunt
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in the Unconquered Sun who believes in you"
Alexis
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Helel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Alexis wrote:Yeah but I am presuming that people who are used to doing Freeform, would know to do stuff like "I tear off a piece of the man's shirt to wrap around his wounds" to get 2 a die stunt

Yeah, I agree completely... but different people have different perceptions of free form compared to others, in the end. That and when there's lots of stuff going on, everything can be a bit hurried, so not as much thought or description is put into stunting as what you would expect, I suppose.

I'm actually bugging some of the players about your sentiments right now, actually. XD
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)