Favorite type of music?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Favorite type of music?

Postby Lanzerus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:09 pm

When you are at home, and you have decent speakers, and you decide to blare music...What do the neighbors hear?

Do they hear the soft and slow music of Beethoven?
Do they hear the music that makes them quake in fear as the singer screams about how he beat his Wife to death?
Do they think you are raving?

What does your musical librarys consist of?
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Favorite type of music?

Postby Helel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:28 am

My music library consists of a lot of music. No really. I think I easily have every major modern genre covered, so what I'm actually playing depends on my moood.

But otherwise, I have a 'favorites list of basically every song I have on my comp with a rating of 'five stars' and I usually cycle through that list, which has loads of different songs on it.

To be honest, I generally don't like hunting down particular artists or genres- I just find songs with a certain energy to them that I enjoy, and listen to it endlessly.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm pretty much the same as Helel. I don't really discriminate against genres. I simply prefer to listen to whatever catches my ear, and my mood. The only exceptions, that I know of, are gospel, Christian contemporary and rap.

At the moment, the one song that I'm playing the most, is this one. And the band I'm listening to the most, right now, is this one.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Rock.
Alternative rock.
Hard rock.
Classic rock.
Heavy metal.
Some techno.
Very little rap.

ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTRY. :evil:

Oh, and did I mention rock?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Marky » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Hmm...my taste in music varies. I have very little country music, but grew up with it, so any old/old-ish country songs (probably before 2000 and back...and I mean way back for some...) I'd probably know, and probably at least somewhat like. Aside from that, I have several different types of rock...alternative, hard, metal, classic...yeah. XD

I basically have songs from Linkin Park to Disturbed to Seether to System of a Down to Eminem to Slipknot and Stone Sour to 3 Doors Down to Green Day to Nickelback...so, yeah, I've got a variety, and I don't just listen to a certain set. I've basically got it on shuffle of my playlist of about 600 or so songs. Although, when I get new songs, I tend to listen to them before going to the shuffle.

As for a favorite type...it's really hard for me to pick out which one I like more than the rest...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Karmelo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Helel wrote:My music library consists of a lot of music. No really. I think I easily have every major modern genre covered, so what I'm actually playing depends on my moood.

But otherwise, I have a 'favorites list of basically every song I have on my comp with a rating of 'five stars' and I usually cycle through that list, which has loads of different songs on it.

To be honest, I generally don't like hunting down particular artists or genres- I just find songs with a certain energy to them that I enjoy, and listen to it endlessly.

The following was my search of your library on last.fm:
Ctrl + F Sublime
Ctrl + F No Doubt
Ctril + F Reel (Not Found >: )
Ctrl + F Shai (Not Found >: )

Disappointin' me here, Helel.

But yeah, I'm sorta the same as Helel and Nikkou, but not as smug about it. And I'm generally pretty smug about music, so that's saying something.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Keep flapping your gums about us being smug. You'll be singin' to a different tune, later.

And thumbs up for Sublime.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Karmelo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 pm

I'll keep flapping more than my gums, lady. And I think Sublime is alright. I used to think they were pretty good, then I revisited their album and I was like "Wow, this is like half-filler to me." If you want to know what's up to date to me, c-c-check it out.
Last edited by Karmelo on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Due to a varied childhood, which consisted of everything from wake-up-sleepyhead, upbeat Spanish music to the Monkees, the Beach Boys to Depeche Mode, the Lightning Seeds to Beethoven, and the Pet Shop Boys to Biz Markie, I'll listen to just about anything as long as I don't find the lyrics obscene or profane. The aforementioned Pet Shop Boys are my favorite music group to date.

Exceptions to this include most country, gospel, and heavy metal music.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lanzerus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 pm

O_o this thread got more responses than I originally thought It would get

well my musical preference lies like this:

I take any and all music that I think is interesting regardless of demographics and style...nless its rapp or country. (And my keyboard is about to drive me insane.) or highly obscene.

Electronica:
- T.a.T.U.
- Freezepop
Rock:
- Maximum the Hormone (technically could also fit under World/Foreign)
- Avenged Sevenfold
World/Foreign:
- Kristen Kale
- Kanon Wakeshima
Other:
- Cascada (Manlyness incarnate...)
- Zeromancer
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Karmelo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 pm

...You expected significantly less than eight responses? Aim low, strike high, then.

To be more descript, last.fm says my top 5 artists over the last three months have been:
1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
2) Shaimus
3) Sleater-Kinney
4) Troubled Hubble
5) Foo Fighters

Seems pretty alternative (because that's so specific), but there's a lot of variety in the details. It's just those five have like two full albums I enjoy by them, so you know, other bands can't really compete with them chartwise.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Lanzerus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I Like alternative and the bands I really like are those like
Hypnogaja and muse, both have decent guitar and decent vocals.

and the reason for me expecting less than 8 posts is that normally when I post threads outside the muffin room they are kind of ignored >_>
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby dervivaire » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 am

I love anything from Cradle of Filth to Hatsune Miku, and anything from Hatsune Miku to The Beatles.
Exceptions include Rap, Country and Western.
Diamonds may fall at eventide
But we’re still waiting for
Their light to shine
Diamonds fall at Eventide
But we still watch for
Celestial brides
dervivaire
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)