Your top three manga

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: Your top three manga

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Yay ~

I've never really watched anime, clueless about Japanese culture in general, but did go trhough a phase of being very addicted to manga.

In random order..

Kare Kano
Tramps Like Us
Kodocha

Er.. and has a back-up top three!

Mars
Paradise Kiss
Cardcaptor Sakura
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jacqueline » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:31 pm

In no particular order:

Minto na Bokura: Brother with a sister complex follows his sister who's gone off to a boarding school to chase after the guy she likes. The only free room is in the girls' dorm... Fairly cliché setting, but it makes excellent use of every aspect, resulting in an involving and evolving story that quickly becomes more than just another crossdressing manga: a deliquent roommate, becoming best buddies with a guy (when everyone thinks of you as a girl... and much more.

Love Hina: should need no introduction.

Ouran High School Host Club: poor scholarship student Haruhi breaks a vase worth a prodigious amount of money and is then made to pay it off with his body.. by joining the host club! Did I mention Haruhi is actually a girl?
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 am

I me Stawberry Eggs: Saw this on Youtube. Basic plot is a male teacher cross-dresses as a female teacher to get a job at a local all-girls school. Helps young female student with her physical fitness test in gym, and wackiness ensues as the old landlady (known as Ba-chan to our main character), helps him with a voice changer in the form of a piece of jewelry/choker thing.

Ranma 1/2: also a fun anime, also on youtube, in english. From the same lady who did Inuyasha. Ian Michael Cox (voice of Inuyasha) is boy type Ranma, and I think the girl type Ranma aka Ranko, is voiced by Sango's voice actor. The girl who voices Akane is the same as Sakura Haruno in Naruto. Happosai is voiced by the same guy as Myouga the flea demon. I laughed when Tsubasa (the guy who crossdresses and wears disguises like mailboxes, trees, and a vending machine) calls girl-type Ranma butt ugly and challenges her to Anything Goes Martial Arts Okinamiyaki (sell as much Okinamiyaki from Uukyo's restraunt to customers).

Naruto: Nuff said. Ninjas doing cool hand signs, transformation jutsus, and the fillers were pretty funny. There's Episode 101: Wanna See, Gotta Know: What's under Kakashi's Mask! The whole episode is all about Team 7 trying to find out what Kakashi-sensei's face looks like. Another filler is when Team 7 participates in a contest to win a 2 week vacation duty. Poor Naruto has to use the bathroom, and so he keeps running into his fellow Shinobi, and having to participate in the contests with his teammates Saskue and Sakura, all the while trying to hold it in.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Kris, this topic is about your top three favorite MANGA -NOT- ANIME.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Previous

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)