Chaos; Head

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Chaos; Head

Postby Shadell » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 am

Anyone else been watching this? It seems pretty interesting so far.

For those who haven't heard of it think something like a dose of Welcome the NHK, mixed with a bit of Higurashi. Add a sprinkling of science fiction and serve.

The series did seem to devolve into a more typical shonen show for a few episodes around 7 and 8; but, 9 seemed like a return to the greatness that made up the first few episodes.

Anyone have any theories about how things will end?
Hmm.... Does anyone actually read these anyway?
Appointed Spammaster Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Chaos; Head

Postby Just some lady » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:54 am

Oooh--I like Chaos Head...~~
I'm a bit behind though--episode five or so. I need to catch up now that you reminded me...
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this series, because I found the main character so incredibly... well, annoying. That and I found things a bit too easy to predict when I watched it with some friends.

Also, I was severely distracted by Ga Rei Zero having one of the most awesome first episodes ever. Seriously, they killed everyone. Everyone. And that's another neat series in my opinion that people ought to check out. :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Raleigh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 am

Been watching To Aru Majutsu no Index and Yozakura Quartet myself. Was also watching Shikabane Hime: Aka but can't find beyond ep 3. I can't help myself but to watch anime with vampires is my defense for that last one. I haven't checked out Chaos; Head yet because I'm not sure if I would like it or not. I do highly recommend Index even if it looks like it will start following the usual plots now as the powers used are applied in such interesting ways compared to what I normally see. An electricity wielder making a rail cannon out of a coin, mwahahaha.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Shadell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 am

Shikabane Hime was licensed; but the legal owner is putting it online for free at the moment. They have through episode six up.

If you're watching vampire anime, you should follow Kurozuka too as it's outstanding

(Tale of Genji+Noh Opera+Vampires+Post Apocalyptic science Fiction=good.)

The other series aside from those already mentioned that I've been following religiously is Casshern Sins. Not only is the animation freaking amazing; but, the plot is quite unique too.

Chaos; Head is quite good, you should definitely watch it.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:15 am

*Catches up.*

^_^ SPOILERS BELOW! Not huge ones maybe, but WARNING!

I'm liking the developments in the plot so far, even if Sena is boring and generic, an' the fighting would be a lot cooler if they leaned less towards the swords themselves, and more on the bending of perceived reality, I think...~~

What do you think of Shogun, though? I get the feeling that a lot of this may just be his own dreams manifest, kinda. I'm not sure...
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:25 am

Spoilers through Episode 9 wrote:Given that Shogun's staying in a hospital room with Takumi's name on it, and that Takumi glows and turns into the silhouette of a sword during the opening; I think that Takumi is probably a manifestation of Shogun's Di-sword. It would explain why he can real boot without using one. Also, I want to see someone cosplay as Nozomi's president, just because his weapon is one of the most unrealistic looking I've seen in a long time.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 am

Shadell wrote:
Spoilers through Episode 9 wrote:XD. I really should watch openings more closely. Or, y'know--more then once...
Then again though, it seemed like he was summoning something of his own when confronted by the ruffians..~~
Of course, this might also say why he knew that equation as a kid...
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:03 am

spoiler wrote:Yeah, it did look like he summoned his sword. Also, is it just me or does Shogun look a lot similar to the real form of Sena's 'brother.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:11 am

yet more spoilers wrote:Hm, that's true--I hadn't noticed that...

For a bit I had been thinking that Shogun was Taku himself, but that seems less likely, considering Rimi's actions...~~

On that note though--I wonder if we'll see Seira-tan again sometime soon--she's stopped appearing because she was kind of supplanted by Rimi it seems, but I'm not convinced that she was completely just Taku's own subconscious--she seemed to be leading him in odd directions now and again...
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:51 am

yet more spoilers wrote:Mostly Seira seemed to be telling Takumi not to get involved, that it was all in his head and that he should avoid the real world. Besides Takumi hasn't been alone in his room for the past few episodes, and that's the only place she's appeared.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Well, she appeared in the hospital that one time...

I dunno--I'm probably wrong, but I've been suspicious of Seira throughout, for some reason.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Spoiler wrote:Hmm... So I was partially correct about Takumi. Was anyone else disapointed by how simple his Di-sword was compared to some of the others. Come on! Give us a virtually impossible weapon a la Norose!

Also, is it just me or is the plot of Chaos; Head eerily similar to that of Tales of the Abyss.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Helel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:58 pm

Shadell wrote:
Spoiler wrote:Hmm... So I was partially correct about Takumi. Was anyone else disapointed by how simple his Di-sword was compared to some of the others. Come on! Give us a virtually impossible weapon a la Norose!

Also, is it just me or is the plot of Chaos; Head eerily similar to that of Tales of the Abyss.

That may or not be possible, but first you must give me a cupcake. :P

I may pick up Chaos; Head again once it's finished and I have a better internet connection, but for now, I'm putting it on hold- to try and watch other shows (like Tales of the Abyss, which I'm behind on now, aw).
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Just some lady » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Spoilers wrote:Yeah. Still, although things seemed kinda rushed, it looks like they'll be able to wrap eberything up next episode probably--I had had my doubts.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)